The Images on The Kaiju Protocol are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
|“If this doesn't work, please tell Zane . . . I love him!”|
|"The Kaiju Protocol"|
|Season 11, Episode 26|
|Air date|| October 14, 2019 (Australia)|
November 1, 2019 (Canada)
January 18, 2020 (US)
|Written by|| Kevin Burke|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"My Enemy, My Friend"
The Kaiju Protocol is the twenty-sixth episode of the eleventh season, and 124th overall of LEGO Ninjago. It aired in Australia on October 14, 2019 and in Canada on November 1, 2019. It aired in the US on January 18, 2020, paired up "Corruption." However, in most other countries, this episode was paired up with "My Enemy, My Friend."
Extended: Wu and Pixal attempt to open a portal to the Never-Realm but accidentally open a portal to the Departed Realm. Consequently, they unleash the Preeminent on Ninjago City! Devastated by what they have done. Pixal enacts the "Kaiju protocol" and leaps into her Samurai X Mech. She races after the Preeminent and catches up to the terrifying creature as it is attacking a news-copter carrying Gayle Gossip and her news crew. Pixal saves the news crew and forces the Preeminent into combat. The Samurai X mech is damaged and one of the mech's arms is torn off but Pixal repowers the mech by grabbing hold of a near electrical tower and super-charging herself. She defeats the Preeminent and brings it back to the Monastery where they return it to the Departed Realm.
At the Monastery of Spinjitzu, Master Wu and P.I.X.A.L are trying to use Mistaké's Traveler's Tea to open a portal to the Never-Realm. They end up opening the Realm of Chima and get overwhelmed by Beavers coming through the portal. P.I.X.A.L. manages to lure them back in with a broken broom to fix and Wu closes the portal. They discuss reasons for the failure of the tea and conclude that they need to add more leaves. P.I.X.A.L. comments that they are running out of leaves, which reminds Wu that he should've been the one to go after Zane. This angers Wu because he knew they did not take enough tea to return them back. They proceed to add more leaves and unsuccessfully open up unwanted realms.After their failures, P.I.X.A.L. suggested that the Never-Realm could not be reached because it is impossible with Traveler's Tea. Wu tells her that the Ninja would be doomed if so and proceeds to try again. He opens a portal to a realm, unaware it is the Departed Realm. Wu hears a sound and believes it is the Land Bounty. He then sees that it is the Preeminent and tries to close the portal, but the Preeminent breaks its way through and heads for Ninjago City. P.I.X.A.L. races off to the Hanger Bay and jumps into her mech, nicknaming her mission "Protocol Kaiju", and heads towards the Ninjago City.
The citizens of Ninjago City scatter as the Preeminent storms through the city. Meanwhile, Gayle Gossip and Vinny are trying to broadcast the scene when, suddenly, the Preeminent appears behind them and blows their helicopter away. P.I.X.A.L. manages to catch them and Gayle Gossip thanks her. P.I.X.A.L. replies that thanks are unnecessary but is interrupted when the Preeminent grabs her and they clash.
P.I.X.A.L. tries many different ways to defeat the Preeminent, with missiles and her sword; in the end, always asking for the Preeminent to surrender. The Preeminent eventually rips out one of mech's arms, causing her to rapidly lose power. Wu senses this and warns P.I.X.A.L. that it is too dangerous, but P.I.X.A.L. refuses, telling Wu that she is the only one who can defeat the Preeminent. The Preeminent then sends her flying through the city. P.I.X.A.L. sees that she landed near an electrical tower and believes that she can power herself up to defeat the Preeminent. Wu asks P.I.X.A.L. what she is doing and she calmly replies that she is trying to restore energy. Wu realizes the risk is a power overload, destroying P.I.X.A.L., and tries to stop her. P.I.X.A.L. ignores him, asking Wu to tell Zane that she loves him, and proceeds to replenish the mech. The mech powers up and P.I.X.A.L. grabs the Preeminent, forcing all of the energy into her and subsequently, defeating her.Devastated, Wu calls out to P.I.X.A.L. and is relieved when he hears her, commenting that she was amazing. Gayle Gossip ends her broadcast with a thank you to Samurai X. Back at the Monastery, they return the defeated Preeminent to the Departed Realm. Unfortunately, they used all their tea leaves and cannot search for the Never-Realm. Wu says the Ninja are doomed, but P.I.X.A.L. says to trust himself and the Ninja will somehow find their own way home.
- Beaver #1 - Kelly Sheridan
- Beaver #2 - Tabitha St. Germain
- Beaver #3 - Paul Dobson
- Ninjago City Citizen - Unknown
- Gayle Gossip - Kelly Sheridan
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Vinny - Gavin Langelo
- Wu - Paul Dobson
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Departed Realm (portal)
- Chima (portal)
- Cloud Kingdom (portal)
- Realm of Oni and Dragons (portal)
- Underworld (portal)
- Narrator: P.I.X.A.L.
- The beavers seen at the beginning of the episode are from the realm of Chima.
- This marks the first appearance of Chima since "Curseworld, Part II."
- It also marks the first appearance of the Preeminent since then.
- Chima, the Cloud Kingdom, the Underworld, the Realm of Oni and Dragons, and the Departed Realm are all briefly seen through portals.
- The realms seen through the portals were directly taken from previous episodes, except the Departed Realm.
- This is the first appearance of the Departed Realm.
- Mistaké is mentioned for the first time in this season, and since "Green Destiny".
- This is the second episode of the Ice Chapter to focus on Ninjago for its entirety, first being "The Absolute Worst."
- This is also the second episode of the Ice Chapter to use the Fire Chapter opening after it, as the episode does not take place at the Never-Realm.
- Kaiju are monsters featured prominently in giant monster films, as well as in Tokusatsu media, the most famous of which are Godzilla from Toho, and King Kong from RKO. The noir visuals during the battle itself are reminiscent of those as well.
- In this case, the Kaiju refers to the Preeminent.
- This marks the first time The Preeminent appeared in Ninjago City, as it only appeared in Stiix when it came to Ninjago in the fifth season.
- When Wu stated that P.I.X.A.L. would suffer a power overload, perhaps he feared that P.I.X.A.L. would go through the same experience Zane went through to defeat the Overlord.
- Leading up to the scene where P.I.X.A.L. defeats The Preeminent, the music is the same as the one leading up to Zane's death in "The Titanium Ninja."
- Sammy and the Police Commissioner appear in this episode but do not speak.
- The scenes in Ninjago City are black and white (with Samurai X and the citizens in color), and the scenes of the realms and the Monastery of Spinjitzu are in color.
- This marks Wu's first physical appearance in this season since "A Cold Goodbye."
- The Cursed Realm is mentioned for the first time since Season 6: Skybound.
- In "Day of the Departed", the villains return from the Departed Realm when their spirits possess statues. However, when The Preeminent returns, it already has a physical form and doesn't need to possess anything.
- When the episode was uploaded to Cartoon Network Asia's YouTube channel, it was incorrectly titled "My Enemy, My Friend," the title of the previous episode.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.
- ↑ https://play.google.com/store/tv/show?id=1DBB96B70E1A30FDSH&cdid=tvseason-BD72FEA8E0D15AE2SE&gdid=tvepisode-E2351E48BE8D1096EP
- ↑ https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/Ninjago/106516630