- Not to be confused with the actual group.
|“I know why you are here. Like those who came before you, you seek to steal the amulet.”|
|— Mammatus to the ninja|
|"The Keepers of the Amulet"|
|Season The Island, Episode 2|
|Air date||March 7, 2021 (Canada)|
|Written by||Kevin Burke|
|Directed by||Shane Poettcker|
"The Gift of Jay"
Extended: While searching the island, the ninja realize they're being followed and brace for an attack. Fortunately, it turns out to be a friendly dragon they name Zippy. However, just as they pickup trail of their missing friends, they're attacked by power-absorbing stone statues! Lloyd manages to escape, but the other ninja are captured by a group of islanders called The Keepers of the Amulet.
The ninja continue through the jungle, and make note of an animal that appears to be following them through the bushes. They eventually come to a dead end, and prepare to go the rest of the way on foot.
They are suddenly met with the animal that followed them, which is revealed to be a docile dragon, whom Jay dubs "Zippy". He appears to be friendly, and loving of coconuts. While the ninja play fetch with Zippy, Lloyd recommends that they get back on track with finding his mother and uncle. Nya sends a coconut off into the distance, to which Zippy chases after, and the ninja continue through the brush.
As they make their way through the jungle, they find a stone totem, which suddenly comes alive and begins attacking them. Two other totems appear, and a battle ensues between the lot of them. The ninja are unable to damage them, and quickly discover that the totems channel their Elemental Powers, and spits it back at them. Twitchy Tim runs away in fear, and the ninja are soon to follow, realizing that they are unable to defeat these stone golems.
The ninja make a run for it, and soon realize that in their desperate attempt at escape, they have lost Lloyd and Tim. The five remaining ninja reach a cliff, and discover a rickety rope bridge. They make their way across safely, and continue on their escape. Zane and Jay are the last ones across, and discover that Kai, Nya, and Cole have disappeared. They hear something that sounds like an electrostatic shock, but are unable to comprehend what it was, as the two of them are shocked by purple lightning, and are knocked unconscious.
Meanwhile, Lloyd and Twitchy Tim take refuge in a cave below a cliff.
The ninja awake soon after, strapped to catamarans driven by the Keepers. The catamarans are outfitted with glowing purple stones, reminiscent of their captures skin, and the lightning that surrounds the island. The Keepers lead the ninja to the other side of the island, and are brought to the throne room of their leader.
Their leader, mistakenly assumes that the ninja have come to the island to steal the amulet, which many others have attempted to steal in the past. The ninja try to tell him that he is wrong, but the leader does not believe them. He introduces himself as the chief of the Keepers of the Amulet, and they have made it their vow to protect the Storm Amulet, an artifact that was pried from the head of the Sleeper of the Deep, she who existed long before Time had a name, Wojira. The Keepers took a sacred oath to protect the Storm Amulet from those who seek it, harnessing the power of lightning and becoming one with the storms. Their forefathers kept the oath, and theirs before them, all the way back to the beginning.
Zane attempts to persuade him to let them go, as they have no intention of stealing their artifact, but seeing as how they have seen it, the Keepers will take them prisoner forever, in the name of Wojira.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Mammatus - Paul Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Twitchy Tim - Brian Drummond
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Zippy - Brian Drummond
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Narrator: Mammatus
- The way Nya talks to Zippy is similar to how she talked to the panda in the "Wu's Teas" short, "Panda-monium."
- Jay is excited when he comes up with a name for Zippy, which is quite similar to the scene in which when he names an alien insect "Glowy" in "The Void."
- Jay mentions that "Rope bridges always break". Three examples in prior episodes are "Island of Darkness", "On a Wish and a Prayer," and "Boobytraps and How to Survive Them," though in the first example, the bridge's breaking worked in favor of the ninja.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Zippy, Mammatus and the other Keepers in the series.
- The scene where Lloyd splits up from the rest of the ninja during the Stone Golems' chase for them is similar to the scene in Season 13: Master of the Mountain (specifically, "The Two Blades") where the ninja are chased by the Skull Sorcerer and ultimately split up into three groups.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.