- Not to be confused with the set.
The Pit is an arena in Dead's End built by the Dragon Hunters to use for entertainment. Typically, a dragon is thrown into the pit with a prisoner, and the dragon is expected to fight. In some cases, people suspected of being Oni have been forced into the arena.
After winding up in the realm and being captured by the Hunters, Kai, Jay, and Zane were forced to fight a dragon called Slab. Despite beating Slab, the Hunters realized they possess Elemental Powers and captured them once more.
Kai, Jay, and Zane are thrown into the Pit to fight with Slab, an Earth Dragon. The trio are forced to run from the beast until Cole and Wu throw a set of chains for them to trap the dragon. Kai then alerts Jay that the dragon would attack but Zane freezes it, exposing their Elemental Powers to all.
Cornered by the Dragon Hunters, the ninja have no choice but to use their Elemental Powers to fend them off. Not long after, Heavy Metal arrives and uses several chains and the Dragonbone Blade to incapacitate the ninja. The hunters put the ninja in the Dieselnaut and leave The Pit, heading off to hunt a dragon.
- The original BIONICLE storyline featured a location called "The Pit." Unlike Ninjago's location, which serves as a coliseum where combatants fight dragons, BIONICLE's location serves as an underwater prison.
- The Pit has the same name as the prison in The Dark Knight Rises.
- In the sets, the pit is known as the "Dragon Pit" instead.
- It shares the same name as the trapdoor used by Vangelis in Master of the Mountain.
- In some cases, suspects suspected of being part of the Oni having been forced into fight the arena is similar to the Mino Pit under the Geckle courthouse, where suspects suspected of being one of the Re-Awakened have to fight in the Mino Pit.