The informative featured video at the top of the article is provided by the host's Featured Video team and not the editors of this wiki. It may not accurately represent the article and contradict info on the wiki itself, so it should not be taken at face value. Info may become outdated over time.
|“I know you're familiar with a few of the Realms. Cloud Kingdom is just one more of the Sixteen Realms that exist parallel to Ninjago.”|
|— Fenwick to the Ninja in "Kingdom Come"|
The Sixteen Realms are a variety of parallel worlds that Ninjago is one of. Other realms can be traveled to via the Realm Crystal, an artifact that was located in the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master. The Realm of Oni and Dragons is the first of all the realms in existence.
Following the apparent destruction of the Cursed Realm, after the Preeminent was destroyed, along with the destruction of Djinjago, there are currently only fourteen realms. In the series, the realms act as the ultimate setting for the events that take place.
List of known Realms
- Realm of Oni and Dragons
- Realm of Madness
- Cursed Realm (Destroyed due to immense flooding from the Endless Sea)
- Djinjago (Destroyed in consequence to the destruction of the Cursed Realm)
- Cloud Kingdom
- Departed Realm
Despite being of different worlds, the Sixteen Realms have multiple passageways and networks that can be used to access each other, with some forming naturally, and others having to be conjured.
- Realm Crystal (All, except the Departed Realm; originally destroyed by Flintlocke, destruction was later undone by Jay's final wish, later destroyed again by Lloyd using the Sword of Sanctuary)
- Being overloaded by the Golden Weapons (From Ninjago to Realm of Madness; transformed into the Mega Weapon by Garmadon, then melted by the Nindroids to create the Golden Armor, later reforged by Kai)
- Traveler's Tea (Possibly All, except the Never-Realm, which uses berries from the Traveler's Tree)
- Dragons (Unknown amount of realms; Ninjago, Underworld, and Realm of Oni and Dragons confirmed)
- Blind Man's Eye (From Ninjago to the Cloud Kingdom, vice-versa)
- Being banished by the Book of Spells (From Ninjago to the Cursed Realm, vice-versa; Destroyed by Lloyd)
- Fire Temple (From Ninjago to the Underworld, vice-versa; Destroyed by Flame)
- Death (From the location of demise to Underworld/Cursed Realm/Departed Realm; Cursed Realm destroyed by Nya)
- Mountain of Madness (From the Realm of Madness to Ninjago)
- Skulkin Vehicles (From the Underworld to Ninjago, vice-versa)
- Magic (All)
- Allied Armor of Azure (All; Destroyed by Nya)
- Unknown "Back Door" (From Ninjago to the Cloud Kingdom)
- The mouth of The Preeminent (From the Cursed Realm to current location, vice-versa; Destroyed by Nya)
- Yin Blade (All; Destroyed by Cole)
- Yang's Jar (From the Departed Realm to Ninjago on the day of the Yin-Yang Eclipse; Destroyed by Cole)
- Resurrectea (From the Departed Realm to the current location of the deceased person's body)
- Being killed by one of the Departed Blades (From current location to the Departed Realm)
- Oni Masks (From the Departed Realm to location of summoning; Mask of Deception destroyed by Skylor, Mask of Hatred destroyed by Lloyd)
- Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu (Possibly all; second scroll destroyed by Zane)
- The concept of the Sixteen Realms is similar to the Nine Realms from Norse Mythology. Notably, the fact that Chima is one of these worlds indicates that the Ninjago and Chima franchises share a multiverse, though whether worlds based on other LEGO properties are also present is unknown.
- As seen with the destruction of the Cursed Realm, destroying a realm consequently destroys its sister realm; in this case Djinjago.
- The Sixteen Realms are surrounded by an infinitely vast, formless void, known as the Ethereal Divide.
- Time passes differently in some realms, explaining how the Sky Pirates stayed alive for 200 years from Ninjago's perspective while being trapped in other realms.
- When the events of Skybound were erased by Jay's final wish, other realms may not have been affected.
- There is conflicting information about the exact number of realms there are. Some information indicates sixteen including Ninjago, and others state that there sixteen beyond Ninjago, which would mean there are seventeen realms in total. The latest official information about the subject states that there are indeed sixteen, including Ninjago.
- In "The Darkness Comes", Wu referred to the Sixteen Realms as the "Lands of Creation," implying that they may have some affiliation with or were created by the Elemental Essence of Creation.
- In "A Cold Goodbye," Wu said that the Never-Realm is the most distant of all realms.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/879087467516895233
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/786514115128885249
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/938405732394917889
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/817027976479047680
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/795730582219198464
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/793976602505965568
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/868078533121376256
- ↑ https://twitter.com/brothershageman/status/985615032087068672