- Not to be confused with the actual amulet.
|"The Storm Amulet"|
|Season 14, Episode 9|
|Air date||April 27, 2021 (UK)|
May 2, 2021 (Canada)
|Written by||Bragi Schut|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"The Tale of Benthomaar"
"Riddle of the Sphinx"
Extended: The ninjas return to the Island of the Keepers to warn them of Kalmaar's plan - they convince the Leader to allow them to take the Storm Amulet to Ninjago City for safekeeping but discover that the amulet is a fake! Surmising that Clutch Powers is behind this, the ninjas rush to the sub, only to be ambushed by Kalmaar, who learns the real location of the amulet and destroys the sub.
Meanwhile, on the Hydro Bounty, Maya, Nya, Jay, Lloyd, Zane and Benthomaar talk about Kalmaar’s plan and how they must get to the Island of the Keepers before Kalmaar. They eventually make it to the Storm belt, to avoid being damaged, P.I.X.A.L. moves the sub underwater. The sub gets little damage while is Jay tossed around the ship.
They make it to the Island of the Keepers, and Nya tells Benthomaar to stay onboard to avoid problems with the Keepers. Jay pops out of the hatch to see the Keepers surrounding it, ready to attack. They see Jay and take the rest to Mammatus.
They tell Mammatus of Kalmaar and he tells the other Keepers to prepare for attack. Nya tells the Keepers that the plan isn’t a good one and asks Mammatus if she can have the Storm Amulet. While Mammatus is hesitant, he trusts her and gives her the amulet, only for Zane to find out it is a fake. Nya already know who stole it and tells the others to run to the Hydro Bounty. They alert P.I.X.A.L. and tell her to contact the Monastery of Spinjitzu. Cole responds and Nya tells him of the situation and tells him to get to the Explorers Club.
Kalmaar bursts through the door and mocks Benthomaar for joining the ninja. Benthomaar tells Kalmaar that the Ninja are his friends and to leave them alone and Kalmaar tells him that he’ll do as he wishes.
Nya tries to fool Kalmaar with the fake Amulet. But Kalmaar catches on to them and destroys the controls of the Hydro Bounty telling the Ninja that all that will happen will be their fault and leaves. Nya gives chase and jumps in the sea to stop him. But loses breathe quickly and hops back on to the Hydro Bounty. Nya asks if they can fix the ship, but is responded with “no” and quickly starts blaming herself. But Maya tells her that Nya doesn’t need her help and is a better Master Of Water than herself and believes that Nya will get them off the the island and stop Kalmaar.
- Benthomaar - Cole Howard
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Glutinous - Sam Vincent
- Gripe - Brian Drummond
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kalmaar - Giles Panton
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Mammatus - Paul Dobson
- Maya - Jillian Michaels
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- PoulErik - Brian Drummond, Vincent Tong
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Endless Sea
- Ninjago (pictured)
- Island of the Keepers
- Storm belt
- Narrator: Mammatus
- Ironically, the Storm Amulet did not actually appear in this episode.
- The footage of the Island of the Keepers is exactly the same as the one from "Uncharted," only the ninja's catamarans are replaced by the Hydro Bounty.
- This is the time the Keepers appear since "The Tooth of Wojira".
- This is the first time that the Keepers are shown in the daylight.
- It turns out that Clutch Powers managed to steal the Storm Amulet.
- Jay's acting ability seems to have weakened since his performance in "Infamous," though this may have been simply for comedic effect.
- Kai is listed in the ending credits, but never made an appearance in the episode.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.