|“I was just thinking, I know Ronin's monster was fake, but I guess I was wondering if Wojira is really still out there, somewhere.”|
“If she is, may she sleep for another thousand years.”
|— Lloyd and Wu|
|"The Tooth of Wojira"|
|Season 14, Episode 4|
|Air date||March 14, 2021 (Canada)|
|Written by||Kevin Burke|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"The Gift of Jay"
"A Big Splash"
Extended: Breaking free of their bonds, the ninja attempt to rescue Jay but are too late as he's taken by the sea serpent. When Lloyd makes an interesting discovery, they realize that the Keepers may have been manipulated. Jay finds himself in a cavern full of hoarded treasure where the real villain is revealed. Heroically, the ninja, and Twitchy Tim, come to Jay's rescue.
Kai frees himself by burning the rope, and saves everyone else except Clutch, who Dwayne unties. They go to attack the Keepers, and take them down. Zane makes an ice bridge to get close to Jay, but a fireball is shot at them by Wojira.
Lloyd gets close and tries to untie Jay, but is attacked by Wojira, and the latter drags Jay into the fog, where Jay becomes unresponsive. The team believes that Jay is devoured.
The ninja arrive on land, and are surrounded by the Keepers, who threaten to sacrifice the ninja as well for almost bringing Wojira to them, when Lloyd reveals that Wojira is a fake, and shows them a wooden tooth. He asks how it began.
Mammatus explains that for protecting him fro Wojira, the First Spinjitzu Master entrusted him with the Storm Amulet. One day, PoulErik spotted Wojira. When a stranger suggested offering gold to resume Wojira’s slumber, they did so. The creature kept coming back, and the Keepers offered everything they had, hoping for a final sacrifice that never came.
The Keepers agree to save Jay, who is in the criminal base. The other ninja break in, and explain how they found Jay, while at the same time fighting off a horde of criminals. The crime boss shows up, and reveals himself to be Ronin. Lloyd then admits he thought The Mechanic was the mastermind and is quick to acknowledge his mistake. When Ronin realizes that he’s stolen all of the Keepers' gold, he tells the criminals to stop the ninja for him, only to be met by an encouraged Twitchy Tim, who destroys the fake Wojira and stops Ronin’s plans.
Ronin and the criminals are placed in the Keepers' prison cell, and Mammatus apologizes to the ninja, when they realize that Clutch stole the amulet. Nya easily stops him.
Sitting on a dock Lloyd questions if Wojira is real. Wu says that if she is, then they should hope that she sleeps for another thousand years. Deep inside the ocean, the real Wojira is seen, with a second amulet on her head.
- Clutch Powers - Ian James Corlett
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dwayne - Sam Vincent
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Mammatus - Paul Dobson
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- PoulErik - Brian Drummond, Vincent Tong
- Ronin - Brian Dobson
- Thug #1 - Sam Vincent
- Thug #2 - Brent Miller
- Twitchy Tim - Brian Drummond
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Zippy - Brian Drummond
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Endless Sea
- Storm belt
- Narrator: Jay
- It's unknown why Nya didn't simply control the Water around Jay to bring him closer to them.
- After the ninja and Twitchy Tim defeat him, Ronin says, "And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you ninja and your pesky friend," which refers to a well-known repeated phrase from the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- This was a reference to The Island's overall inspiration from the classic Scooby-Doo story structure.
- The English version of this episode (along with the previous) actually premiered in Taiwan two days before the Canadian premiere. This is because Taiwan aired all four episodes at once, while Canada split the episodes into two parts.
- Lloyd briefly mentions The Mechanic.
- This is Ronin's first physical appearance since "Endings" and his first speaking role since "Green Destiny."
- Wojira makes her first onscreen appearance.
- Lloyd forgets to acknowledge that the ninja saved Clutch Powers, continuing his trend from "The Keepers of the Amulet" of forgetting to mention Clutch and showing little concern when reminded.
- During Fake Wojira's journey to the cave on the uncharted island, a song previously used as the theme for the Destiny's Bounty in the flashback from "Pirates vs. Ninja," was played in the background. During the battle of Kryptarium inmates with the ninja, the song of the pirates presented in the same episode was also used.
- Although not explained in the episode, it is possible that Clutch Powers was arrested by the Keepers for his repeated Amulet robbery.
- When Lloyd uses one of his Energy blasts, he was seen without his face paint. However, in the next shot, he was seen with it again.
- Throughout the episode, Zane's voice lacks the robotic filter, sounding very similar to his voice prior to Tournament of Elements, and in some episodes of Sons of Garmadon and March of the Oni.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.