|"The Tooth of Wojira"|
|Season The Island, Episode 4|
|Air date||March 14, 2021 (Canada)|
|Written by||Kevin Burke|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"The Gift of Jay"
"A Big Splash"
Extended: Breaking free of their bonds, the ninja attempt to rescue Jay but are too late as he's taken by the sea serpent. When Lloyd makes an interesting discovery, they realize that the Keepers may have been manipulated. Jay finds himself in a cavern full of hoarded treasure where the real villain is revealed. Heroically, the ninja, and Twitchy Tim, come to Jay's rescue.
The ninja are stuck on poles and watch as Jay was being sacrificed to "Wojira." Kai eventually breaks out and frees the others while Dwayne freed Clutch Powers. The ninja fought against the Keepers and try to save Jay. But they were too late as the monster defeat the ninja and took Jay. However, Lloyd picks up a wooden tooth from the serpent and soon realized that the creature is fake.
After the ninja went back to the island, Mammatus told them that the Keepers will sacrifice them to Wojira if she returns, but Lloyd told him that Wojira's fake by revealing the wooden tooth to him. When Lloyd asked Mammatus why the Keepers are offering sacrifices to Wojira, Mammatus explained that the First Spinjitzu Master entrusted his tribe to protect the Storm Amulet from Wojira, as Wojira would destroy Ninjago's world with the Endless Sea if regains possession of the Storm Amulet. One day, PoulErik spotted "Wojira." When a stranger suggested offering gold to resume Wojira's slumber, Mammatus accepted the suggestion by doing so. However, the creature continued to come back, and the Keepers offered everything they had and planned to sacrifice a human to appease Wojira forever.
As the ninja fought against the henchmen and the inmates, Ronin reveals himself to be the criminal gang's leader, although Lloyd thought it was the Mechanic at first. Ronin jumped onto his boat and began to escape with all the Keepers' gold. However, Twitchy Tim sails in one of the Keepers' catamarans and crashes into Ronin's monster, and Ronin and his criminal gang are imprisoned by the Keepers. Mammatus apologized for what the Keepers did, and the ninja accept, and they all soon realize the Storm Amulet was gone. Nya saw Clutch Powers leaving with it, and stopped him by electrocuting him. The next day, Lloyd questions if Wojira is real. Wu says that if she is, then they should hope that she sleeps for another thousand years. Unbeknownst to them, the real Wojira is in her deep sleep at a temple, having possession with one of her amulets.
- Clutch Powers - Ian James Corlett
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Dwayne - Sam Vincent
- Henchman #1 - Sam Vincent
- Henchman #2 - Brent Miller
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Mammatus - Paul Dobson
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- PoulErik - Brian Drummond, Vincent Tong
- Ronin - Brian Dobson
- Twitchy Tim - Brian Drummond
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
- Zippy - Brian Drummond
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- Island of the Keepers
- Endless Sea
- Storm belt
- Narrator: Jay
- It's unknown why Nya didn't simply control the Water around Jay to bring him closer to them.
- After the ninja and Twitchy Tim defeat him, Ronin says, "And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you ninja and your pesky friend," which refers to a well-known repeated phrase from the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- This was a reference to The Island's overall inspiration from the classic Scooby-Doo story structure.
- The English version of this episode (along with the previous) actually premiered in Taiwan two days before the Canadian premiere. This is because Taiwan aired all four episodes at once, while Canada split the episodes into two parts.
- Lloyd briefly mentions The Mechanic.
- This is Ronin's first physical appearance since "Endings" and his first speaking role since "Green Destiny."
- Wojira makes her first onscreen appearance.
- Lloyd forgets to acknowledge that the ninja saved Clutch Powers, continuing his trend from "The Keepers of the Amulet" of forgetting to mention Clutch and showing little concern when reminded.
- During “Wojira”'s journey to the cave on the uncharted island, a song previously used as the theme for the Destiny's Bounty in the flashback from "Pirates vs. Ninja," was played in the background. During the battle of Kryptarium inmates with the ninja, the song of the pirates presented in the same episode was also used.
- Although not explained in the episode, it is possible that Clutch Powers was arrested by the Keepers for his repeated Amulet robbery.
- However, "Riddle of the Sphinx" shows that Clutch fled back to Ninjago with the Amulet.
- When Lloyd uses one of his Energy blasts, he was seen without his face paint. However, in the next shot, he was seen with it again.
- Throughout the episode, Zane's voice lacks the robotic filter, sounding very similar to his voice prior to Tournament of Elements, and in some episodes of Sons of Garmadon and March of the Oni.
- When Wojira was revealed to be real, the sanctum inside her temple was filled with water. Although in Seabound, it isn't.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.