Tommy Andreasen (born April 21, 1974) is a co-creator of Ninjago. He is a Senior Creative Manager at LEGO, a producer, and assists in the creation of storylines and designs. He is the writer of four of the mini-movies and all of the Tales from the Monastery of Spinjitzu.
- His Twitter page is a very popular source of information for the canon and behind-the-scenes details of the shows he has worked on.
- He does not have control over the distribution of the show.
- In addition to his work on Ninjago, he has also worked on Legends of Chima, Nexo Knights, and Hidden Side.
- Other themes he has worked on include City, Racers, Orient Expedition, Games, 4+, Alpha Team, Ultra Agents, and "Tons of unreleased stuff."
- When asked about his favorite between Ninjago, Legends of Chima, and Nexo Knights, he explained, "They are all great. They are three different types of show, so my mood will define my current favorite." However, Chima is his favorite realm.
- He is the author of two non-canon Ninjago stories, Way of the Departed and The Splinter in the Blind Man's Eye.
- He, along with Sam Vincent, both share their names with professional basketball players.
- His favorite Ninjago minifigure is Kabuki Nya from the 2018 Bricktober pack and his favorite set is the Movie Destiny's Bounty.
- Andrea Thomson's name sounds similar to his, but reversed.
- Out of all the LEGO Ninjago characters, he relates to Cole and Wu.
- Kai is not really his favorite, as he likes the other ninja more.
- As of 2017, his favorite ninja were Jay, Nya, and Cole. In 2018, his favorites were Jay and Nya with a focus on them as a couple, and more recently, he has stated Cole is his favorite, with Nya "moving up the ranks."
- Tournament of Elements is one of his favorite seasons, though he does not like the finale as much, while he appreciates Sons of Garmadon for its consistent quality throughout.
- At various points he has asked questions for the fans on Twitter, sometimes regarding things that would later be part of the show.
- An interview was held with him on the occasion of the 10th anniversary, which was published on LEGO.com.
- He has stated that canon information only comes from the show, not from his tweets. However, his statements could most likely be considered canon unless they contradict the series at some point.
- He used to have brown hair.
- He has disagreed with the Hageman Brothers on the number of realms, whether the ninja's redesigns were caused by time travel, and whether an Elemental Master of Poison could harm a djinn.
- He likes to draw cape on pictures of Wu, because they look very dynamic. He also thinks that WildBrain animates them well.
- He advises to always consider the circumstances when one has criticisms of something. For example, he spoke on the less positive reception of Nexo Knights when compared to Ninjago and the fact that Ninjago outshone Nexo Knights.
- Sometimes he would draw characters and later reveal that they were characters shown or mentioned in then-unreleased episodes.
- He "owe[s] a lot" to the film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and the character E.T. is his favorite character of all time.
- Coincidentally, he and Kevin Hageman were born on the same day in the same year.
The images on Tommy Andreasen need to be organized.
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/933005888440369155 (Wu's memories)
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/984059196189630464 (Ultra Dragon name)
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1108808376291680256 (Zane's visions 1)
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1108836455940526086 (Zane's visions 2)
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1267834189015060481 (favorite fight scenes)
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1268275197028765696 (favorite villain introductions)
- https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1286410247175888896 (Wu-isms)
Adam Wood · Asa Tait · Daniel Ife · Frederik Budolph-Larsen · Jeppe Sandholt · J. Rick Castañeda · Justin Murphy · Kevin Burke · Laura Reich · Martin Skov · Peter Hausner · Timothy Ostergaard Paulsen · Trylle Vilstrup
Adrian Florea · Dimitrios Stamatis · Freddy Charters · Jme Wheeler · LiYu Lin · Mark Stafford · Markus Rollbühler · Michael Knap · Niek van Slagmaat · Nick Vás · Raphael Pretesacque · Samuel Johnson · Simon Lucas · Theo Bonner