The Tornado of Creation. The power to create something out of nothing.
The Tornado of Creation is a powerful Spinjitzu maneuver that combines the individual elements of Creation into a maelstrom of pure energy that is said to create something out of nothing. However, the ninja use it to absorb items in their surroundings to construct new objects and weapons, such as a bone Ferris wheel, a slingshot, and the Ultra Sonic Raider. The tornado could only be used through the combined power and presence of the Golden Weapons. Since the Golden Weapons lost their power during the Oni's invasion after being reforged, it is currently once again impossible to create the Tornado of Creation.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
Master Wu first told the ninja about the Tornado of Creation during the trip to retrieve the Shurikens of Ice. He explained that the ninja had to focus and combine their powers, because if they were careless, the technique could have disastrous consequences.
While sneaking through the Underworld to rescue Master Wu and the Sword of Fire, the ninja were confronted and surrounded by an army of Skulkin and Spykor. With no other options, they took Jay's suggestion and used the Tornado of Creation for the first time, sucking in their enemies (except for one who jumped off the edge), the Skulkin's vehicles, and parts of Garmadon's Dark Fortress. When the ninja completed the technique, they discovered that they had created a massive ferris wheel, with cage-like gondolas imprisoning the Skulkin.
When the ninja were captured in the Lost City of Ouroboros, Pythor forced them to fight Samurai X in a Slither Pit. Outgunned by the enigmatic warrior, the ninja used the Tornado of Creation, building a gigantic slingshot they used to damage the Samurai Mech.
Before the ninja performed in Ninjago Talent, Kai mentioned the Tornado of Creation as an option to score perfect tens, though the ninja did not end up using the technique.
After narrowly escaping being consumed by the Great Devourer, the ninja fled to Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk to formulate a new plan. Using a set of blueprints and the massive amount of scrap lying around, they used the Tornado of Creation to build a vehicle to fight the Devourer: the Ultra Sonic Raider.
After Lord Garmadon took the Golden Weapons and they were blasted into space, the weapons were obtained and melted into the Golden Armor. With the weapons destroyed, it was no longer possible to summon the Tornado of Creation.
In order to combat the Digital Overlord from taking over Zane, the ninja remembered the Tornado of Creation and Nya downloaded it into Zane's system, but it did not have an effect on the Overlord virus.
After failing to defeat the Oni and when Kai reforges the weapons, Lloyd has an idea to use the Tornado of Creation, with the help of Wu, Garmadon, and the rest of the ninja, to defeat the Oni. After the tornado is formed, a wave of Golden Power spreads throughout realms, saving everyone who had been petrified. After it was used, Lloyd is knocked unconscious and sees a vision of the First Spinjitzu Master.
- 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu (painting; Legacy)
- 10. "Greatest Battles"
- 98. "Endings"
- Even though it has been said that if done incorrectly it will lead to disastrous consequences, it is never revealed what they are.
- Though the order of the elements that the ninja shout seems to be the (lowest to highest) altitudes that they are most commonly found at, the Tornado of Creation itself makes the elements appear in a different order (from bottom to top): Ice, Lightning, Earth, Fire.
- The Tornado of Creation is featured in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame. However, here it is depicted as a vortex that summons structures and pieces used for hub world renovations a la LEGO Dimensions.
- Until March of the Oni, the Tornado of Creation had not been used since "Day of the Great Devourer." This is because it is impossible without the Four Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu, which were taken from the ninja in "Day of the Great Devourer", then melted into the Golden Armor in "The Titanium Ninja". In March of the Oni, as a result of the Golden Weapons being reforged by Kai, the Tornado of Creation was accessible again. In addition, Lloyd, Nya, Wu, and Garmadon were involved in summoning it. After the Golden Weapons lost their power because of the tornado, it is once again no longer possible.
- Ironically, the March of the Oni recreated Tornado of Creation had Destruction in it, due to Garmadon's presence in the tornado.
- Tommy Andreasen once stated that the Tornado of Creation would most likely not work if Lloyd and Nya tried to participate in it. This is because likely because March of the Oni had not been written at the time.
- The idea of the ninja creating the Ultra Sonic Raider in the junkyard with the Tornado of Creation calls to mind to the junkyard tornado fallacy, a philosophical argument attempting to disprove the possibility of life evolving from non-living matter by comparing it to the possibility of a specific type of airplane being created by a tornado in a junkyard.
The images on Tornado of Creation need to be organized.
In other media
- "King of Shadows"
- "Wrong Place, Wrong Time"
- "The Titanium Ninja"