|"I was bitten by a snake."
This article is about a subject that is relevant to the storyline of both the Ninjago TV series and the LEGO Movie franchise. Information may be more directed toward one continuity than the other.
|“There are too many of them.”|
“And they have powerful weapons.”
|— Nya and Lloyd in "The Storm Amulet"|
A trident is a three-pronged spear that is mainly used by the Merlopians.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Prior to the series
- 1.2 The Tooth of Wojira
- 1.3 A Big Splash
- 1.4 Five Thousand Fathoms Down
- 1.5 The Wrath of Kalmaar
- 1.6 Long Live the King
- 1.7 Escape from Merlopia
- 1.8 The Storm Amulet
- 1.9 Riddle of the Sphinx
- 1.10 Papergirl
- 1.11 Master of the Sea
- 1.12 The Calm Before the Storm
- 1.13 Assault on Ninjago City
- 1.14 Nyad
- 1.15 The Turn of the Tide
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Prior to the series
Kalmaar used his trident to threaten Nya and Maya if they didn't give the location of the Island of the Keepers. When Gripe comes and startles Kalmaar, he shoots the trident at the top of a pole, letting Nya and Maya to escape.
Tridents can shoot electrical beams. As shown with Kalmaar's trident, the electrical beams can power down vehicles such as the APS suits.
An energy bolt from a trident is fatal if shot at a person, as seen with Trimaar. Despite this, both Nya and Jay were shot by the bolts but did not die, meaning that it may require a certain amount of energy to actually kill someone, or that Trimaar's old age weakened him. In "The Calm Before the Storm," it was revealed that Trimaar's trident was able to control beings, as Kalmaar used the trident to take control of Wojira.
- 164. "The Tooth of Wojira" (statue)
- 165. "A Big Splash" (pictured)
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down"
- 169. "The Wrath of Kalmaar"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 171. "Escape from Merlopia"
- 172. "The Tale of Benthomaar" (flashback)
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 174. "Riddle of the Sphinx"
- 175. "Papergirl"
- 176. "Master of the Sea"
- 177. "The Calm Before the Storm"
- 178. "Assault on Ninjago City"
- 179. "Nyad"
- 180. "The Turn of the Tide"
- 5. "Golden Hour"
- The trident found in Ronin's pawn shop in 71741 Ninjago City Gardens could be a reference to Seabound.
- Kalmaar and Trimaar's tridents are the only ones that feature a sai at the bottom of it.
- In the original spinner pack layout, a golden weapon resembling a larger, more detailed sai can be seen. As it seems the ninja, "Edward", was affiliated with water, it is possible the sai was meant to resemble a trident.
- From "Long Live the King" to "The Turn of the Tide," the coloring of the trident changed depending on what side that the user is on, as all the Merlopians' tridents were changed to red after Kalmaar became king, while it changed back to blue when they were being used by Wu and P.I.X.A.L..