|"I was bitten by a snake."
- 1 History
- 1.1 Prior to the series
- 1.2 The Tooth of Wojira
- 1.3 A Big Splash
- 1.4 Five Thousand Fathoms Down
- 1.5 The Wrath of Kalmaar
- 1.6 Long Live the King
- 1.7 Escape from Merlopia
- 1.8 The Storm Amulet
- 1.9 Riddle of the Sphinx
- 1.10 Papergirl
- 1.11 Master of the Sea
- 1.12 The Calm Before the Storm
- 1.13 Assault on Ninjago City
- 1.14 Nyad
- 1.15 The Turn of the Tide
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
Prior to the series
Kalmaar used his trident to threaten Nya and Maya if they didn't give the location of the Island of the Keepers. When Gripe comes and startles Kalmaar, he shoots the trident at the top of a pole, letting Nya and Maya to escape.
Kalmaar continued using his father's trident to control Wojira, and later fought Jay with it before facing off against Benthomaar, managing to destroy his weapon, only for the latter to throw the broken piece at the trident to break the trident in half, and freeing Wojira in the process.
Wu used a trident seized by a Merlopian after Jay took his staff to face Kalmaar.
- Electrical bolts: Tridents can shoot electrical bolts. These bolts can power down vehicles such as the APS suits.
- Control over Wojira: By utilizing the energy in the trident, Kalmaar was able to use the trident to cause pain and take control of Wojira.
- 164. "The Tooth of Wojira" (statue)
- 165. "A Big Splash" (pictured)
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down"
- 169. "The Wrath of Kalmaar"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 171. "Escape from Merlopia"
- 172. "The Tale of Benthomaar" (flashback)
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 174. "Riddle of the Sphinx"
- 175. "Papergirl"
- 176. "Master of the Sea"
- 177. "The Calm Before the Storm"
- 178. "Assault on Ninjago City"
- 179. "Nyad"
- 180. "The Turn of the Tide"
- 5. "Golden Hour"
- 79. Sea Monsters!
- LEGO Brawls (non-canon)
- The trident found in Ronin's pawn shop in 71741 Ninjago City Gardens could be a reference to Seabound.
- Kalmaar and Trimaar's tridents are the only ones that feature a sai at the bottom of it.
- In the original spinner pack layout, a golden weapon resembling a larger, more detailed sai can be seen. As it seems the ninja, "Edward", was affiliated with water, it is possible the sai was meant to resemble a trident.
- From "Long Live the King" to "The Turn of the Tide," the coloring of the trident changed depending on what side that the user is on, as all the Merlopians' tridents were changed to red after Kalmaar became king, while it changed back to blue when they were being used by Wu and P.I.X.A.L..
- When asked how Kalmaar was able to control Wojira by his trident, Giles Panton replied with a gif that said "magic." However, Tommy Andreasen noted that it was because Kalmaar caused pain to Wojira.