The informative featured video at the top of the article is provided by the host's Featured Video team and not the editors of this wiki. It may not accurately represent the article and contradict info on the wiki itself, so it should not be taken at face value. Info may become outdated over time.
|"I was bitten by a snake."
This article is about a subject that is relevant to the storyline of both the LEGO Ninjago TV series and the LEGO Movie franchise. Information may be more directed toward one continuity than the other.
|“If swords are your thing, maybe I can interest you in an authentic ninja gi, signed by the very ninja that saved the city.”|
|— Rufus MacAllister to the ninja, "Child's Play"|
In LEGO's Ninjago theme, the Ninja wear a variety of outfits or gi, denoting various forms and ranks they take over the course of the story. These types mean various things to the consumer, although these changes in appearance are not particularly important, save in the actual spinner game, where they have different levels of Spinjitzu Power or SP.
On the official Ninjago website, the Wu-Cru missions required the user to pick a character, and as the user completed "Level Up" missions, progress through the various gi. This provided official images for several non-canon, previously unseen suits for Zane, Lloyd, and Nya.
Black Gi (2011)
The standard Ninja outfit features a simple gi, with the color of the gi corresponding with the wearer's element. There are three ropes being used as a belt, with the fastener bearing the symbol of the wearer's element as well. The outfit also includes a mask that covers the entire head, with a small slit for the eyes.
In the series, the masks appear to be attached to the gi-like hoods, as the Ninja are seen pulling them up from behind when going on a mission.
Several other color variations on the basic Ninja uniform appeared in the show, including a variant of the Green Ninja suit (essentially the ZX suit without the shoulder armor and different headpiece), Zane's pink gi from "Can of Worms," and the "Brown Ninja" outfit (and occasional hood) worn by Dareth. In the first pilot episode, Cole, Jay, and Zane were also seen wearing pure black versions of the basic outfit, when they unknowingly acted as Kai's final test to become a Ninja; afterward, Master Wu gave all four of them their standard outfits. In "Double Trouble," the students of Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys temporarily wore similar Ninja gi to combat the Bizarro Ninja. In "Infamous," Lil' Nelson made a purple Ninja hood based on these outfits. The Ninja wear these suits from "The Golden Weapon" to "The Snake King," and Kai also donned his again in "The Invitation" and "Only One Can Remain."
Nya and Lloyd appeared in Training robes in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but were never released as minifigures nor appeared in the show, as they were not Ninja at the time.
In the Ninjago: Spinjitzu Spinners game, the basic Ninja have 1000 SP: 400 SP in their dominant element, and 300 SP in two other elements. According to some prototype Spinner boxes, a working title for these suits was "Cobrai."
Dragon eXtreme Gi (2011-2012)
|“Impressive, thunder cracker, but may I remind you we all have dragon suits.”|
|— Kai, "Flight of the Dragon Ninja"|
In the series, the Ninja gain these uniforms in "Weapons of Destiny" when they ally with the Elemental Dragons in order to retrieve the Golden Weapons from the Underworld. After that adventure, they only wear these suits when they ride their dragons, therefore they don't wear them after "Snakebit," though Cole donned his again in "The Invitation" and "Only One Can Remain."
Lloyd's DX suit was not seen in the show and only available in minifigure form with a promotional product. Unlike the other Ninja, his suit has two shoulder pads, and a head mask similar to his ZX variant (with the three-pronged headpiece left unprinted). Nya appeared in DX robes in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but was never released as a minifigure nor appeared in the show, as she was not a Ninja at the time.
In the Spinjitzu Spinners game, DX Ninjas have 1100 SP: 500 SP in their dominant element, 300 SP in a secondary element, 200 SP in a tertiary element, and 100 SP in the final element.
|“Armor's for our own protection.”|
|— Cole, "Rise of the Snakes"|
Kendo Armor (2012)
The Kendo Ninja wear their Training Gi under heavy gray armor similar to that of Samurai X. Instead of cloth masks, they wear helmets similar to those used in fencing, with a grate-like mask that protects their faces.
In the series, Kendo gear is used during the Ninjas' training exercises. The Ninja also wear color-coded bandanas under their helmets, and their armor is slightly more detailed and darker in color. The Ninja all only use the Kendo Armor in the series in "Rise of the Snakes," during a competition to determine which of them would become the Green Ninja. Jay used his Kendo Armor in "The Snake King" and he threw his Kendo Armor at the Great Devourer in "The Rise of the Great Devourer" so it is unknown if it was destroyed. It is unknown if the Ninja still have their Kendo Armors but they probably have.
Nya and Lloyd appeared in Kendo Armor in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but were never released as minifigures nor appeared in the show, as they were not Ninja at the time. However, they could technically be created by using the Kendo armor on their Honor Robe minifigures.
In the Spinjitzu Spinners game, Kendo Ninjas have 1000 SP: 300 SP in two elements, and 200 SP in the other two elements.
- 9446 Destiny's Bounty (Jay and Zane)
- 9455 Fangpyre Mech (Cole)
- 9456 Spinner Battle Arena (Kai)
- 9457 Fangpyre Wrecking Ball (Cole)
- 9551 Kendo Cole (Cole)
- 9558 Training Set (Kai)
- 9563 Kendo Zane (Zane)
Zen eXtreme Armor (2012)
|“What do you say, guys? Time to try out the new merchandise?”|
|— Jay, "The Snake King"|
Some sets feature ZX Ninja without the shoulder armor, usually so they can fit in a vehicle or due to being in a smaller set (such as a polybag).
In the series, the main four Ninja gain their ZX armor in a package from the mailman, delivered in "The Snake King," while Lloyd's ZX suit appears in stages throughout the series. It is first seen as a regular Ninja outfit (lacking the armor on the mask and shoulders) when Kai wore it in "The Green Ninja." By the time Lloyd donned it in "All of Nothing," the headpiece was present, while the shoulder armor appeared after Lloyd was aged into a teenager in "Child's Play." Lloyd's ZX minifigure has darker shoulder pads than in the show. The suits were replaced with their Elemental Robes in "Island of Darkness," though Jay donned his again in "The Invitation" and "Only One Can Remain."
Nya appeared in ZX robes in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but was never released as a minifigure nor appeared in the show, as she was not a Ninja at the time. The design is similar to that of her first Samurai X outfit, but with ZX masks and shoulder pads.
In the Spinjitzu Spinners game, ZX Ninja have 1100 SP. Their SP distribution is similar to their Kendo forms, but with an extra 100 SP in their dominant element. The only exception is Lloyd ZX, who has an even 300 SP in all four elements (for a total of 1200 SP).
NRG Gi (2012)
|“You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your True Potential.”|
|— Master Wu, "Tick Tock"|
In the series, NRG Ninja appear as their ZX forms (including shoulder pads and suit details), but glowing with light and being see-through and made of or surrounded by their respective element (Kai becomes surrounded by a sphere of fire, Jay becomes an electrical being, Zane becomes enveloped by a pillar of light, and Cole becomes surrounded by orbiting rocks).
Nya and Lloyd appeared in NRG forms in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but were never released as Minifigures nor appeared in the show, as they were not Ninja at the time.
In the Spinjitzu Spinners game, they have 900 SP; 500 SP in their dominant element, and 400 SP in a secondary element.
This is the first energy ninja suit.
Elemental Robe/Kimono eXtreme (2012-2013)
|“For once the Green Ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master.”|
|— Misako, "Island of Darkness"|
Additionally, Lloyd's new suit changes his headpiece and shoulder pads from silver and gray to gold. Later, during the Final Battle against the Overlord in "Rise of the Spinjitzu Master," Lloyd's entire suit becomes golden-colored after he unlocks his full power as the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master.
Despite shoulder pads appearing with these suits on every ninja in the TV series, only Lloyd's physical minifigure has them in his Elemental form. At least for Kai and Jay this can be explained by their vehicle setups inhibiting them from wearing the armor. Lloyd's golden form is also slightly different from the series' interpretation; the gold is darker and more metallic-looking, a few details (such as the characters on the kimono and the sash on his waist) remain green, and Lloyd's face becomes the same shade of gold as his outfit (unlike the show, where it remained yellow), making it appear somewhat similar to an NRG Ninja.
Nya appeared in Elemental robes in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but was never released as a minifigure nor appeared in the show, as she was not a Ninja at the time.
- 70500 Kai's Fire Mech (Kai)
- 70501 Warrior Bike (Jay)
- 70502 Cole's Earth Driller (Cole)
- 70503 The Golden Dragon (Golden Lloyd)
- 70504 Garmatron (Zane)
- 70505 Temple of Light (Golden Lloyd)
- 71239 Gold Ninja Fun Pack (Golden Lloyd)
- Character Encyclopedia (Lloyd)
Techno Robes (2014)
|“I've also given you new outfits to help block the facial recognition software.”|
|— Cyrus Borg, "The Surge"|
Zane has a second Techno variant that appears to be battle damaged. The physical minifigure is inspired by his appearance following his first encounter with the Nindroid army in "The Art of the Silent Fist" (though the damaged face design was originally seen in "Day of the Great Devourer" in Season 1).
Nya appeared in Techno robes in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but was never released as a minifigure nor appeared in the show, as she was not a ninja at the time. The design is similar to that of her Techno Samurai X outfit, but with a ZX mask.
- 70720 Hover Hunter (Cole)
- 70721 Kai Fighter (Kai)
- 70722 OverBorg Attack (Lloyd)
- 70723 Thunder Raider (Jay and Cole)
- 70724 NinjaCopter (Zane; battle-damaged)
- 70725 Nindroid MechDragon (Lloyd)
- 70726 Destructoid (Zane)
- 70727 X-1 Ninja Charger (Kai)
- 70728 Battle for Ninjago City (Jay)
- 891501 Kai (Kai)
- 891503 Cole (Cole)
- 891505 Jay (Jay)
- World of Ninjago (Cole; golden shoulder pads)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 1 (Kai)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 3 (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 5 (Jay)
Golden Techno Robes (2014, 2017, 2020)
In the Season 3 episode, "Enter the Digiverse," Kai, Jay, Zane, and Cole gain golden versions of their Techno suits in the Digiverse, as they are channeling Lloyd's power. Kai and Zane's physical variants differ slightly from their on-screen counterparts. Kai has a ZX mask, shoulder pads, and added detail on the legs. Zane was released under the Ninjago: Legacy banner, so he has his post-season 8 head print and has the Legacy hood in gold.
Jay and Cole are yet to have physical minifigures released in this variant.
Stone Warrior Armor (2014)
|“If the Overlord's Stone Warriors used this against the First Spinjitzu Master, I see no reason why we can't use it against those exact same powers.”|
|— Garmadon, "The Titanium Ninja"|
This suit resembles the Techno suits, with more details that make them look more like armor. They are the first suits in the show since the Ninjas' DX suits to be based on only two colors (gray/silver and the color respective to each Ninja), except for Zane's. The suits have each Ninjas' respective animal symbol as a medallion in the middle center of their torsos but are otherwise identical to one another. The Techno Silver that Zane wears has light blue, jagged lines on it, as well as some gold highlights. Zane's variant also has his elemental symbol, instead of his standard dragon one, as a medallion on his lower torso.
- 70728 Battle for Ninjago City (Zane and Lloyd)
- 5004077 2015 Minifigure Gift Set (Kai)
- 5004393 Cole (Cole)
- 891507 Zane (Zane)
Tournament Robes (2015)
These color-coded gi have padded chest plates and a black strap running from the left shoulder to the right hip. On the strap is all four of the Tournament Ninjas' symbols, with only that Ninjas' symbol appearing on a gold badge on the right shoulder. They appear lighter than previous uniforms, exposing the arms and collars of the wearers. The hairpieces and bandanas are identical to the Techno Robe versions of the Ninja.
It is the first suit to not be worn by all of the active Ninja in the TV Series. Zane never received his suit, relegating it to appearing only in an accessory set, in which he appears severely battle damaged and has a full, unprinted ZX hood instead of the half-mask the rest wear.
- 30424 WU-CRU Training Dojo (Jay)
- 70752 Jungle Trap (Kai)
- 70753 Lava Falls (Cole)
- 70754 Jay's ElectroMech (Jay)
- 70755 Jungle Raider (Lloyd)
- 70756 Dojo Showdown (Kai)
- 853544 Ninjago Accessory Set (Zane)
Jungle Gi (2015)
Also known as Zukin Robes (and Spellbound in the Wu-Cru game, after their debut episode), these outfits are a step back to the older Ninja uniforms, being full-body gi with a number of belts and pouches over the chest. They are the first uniforms since the Elemental Robes to have hoods, which each bear a Japanese character on the forehead. Kai and Lloyd's variants were released with katana sheathes.
It is presumed that Kai, Jay, and Lloyd obtained their Jungle outfits from Chen sometime before after "Spy for a Spy" and before "Spellbound," as the latter was their first appearance, but no background was given. (Zane had his outfit since "The Invitation," while Cole received his in "The Forgotten Element" upon getting his powers back).
This uniform is worn by Kai, Cole, Jay, and Lloyd. Zane wears a modified version in his Titanium form, with metallic elements and shoulder pads resembling his ZX form's outfit. It is a unique suit for Zane, as it is predominantly silver with white highlights. Skylor also wears this outfit, despite not being an official member of the team. Hers features fewer belts, more rounded elements to it, and wears a brown quiver.
Nya appeared in Jungle robes in the 2016 Wu-Cru game, but was never released as a minifigure nor appeared in the show, as she was not a Ninja at the time.
- 70745 Anacondrai Crusher (Kai)
- 70746 Condrai Copter Attack (Skylor)
- 70747 Cole's Boulder Blaster (Cole)
- 70748 Titanium Dragon (Zane)
- 70749 Enter the Serpent (Jay and Lloyd)
- 70750 Ninja DB X (Kai)
- 71207 Team Pack (Kai and Cole)
- 71215 Jay Fun Pack (Jay)
- 71217 Zane Fun Pack (Zane)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 9 (Kai)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 11 (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 15 (Jay)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 17 (Zane)
Deepstone Armor (2015)
|“These new suits are heavy. Why can't we just use our old ones?”|
“These are embedded with Deepstone. They will protect you from being possessed.”
|— Kai and Wu, "Peak-a-Boo"|
In the series, this uniform was purchased by Wu some time between "The Corridor of Elders" and "Winds of Change." Lloyd wore his before and after his possession by Morro, while the other Ninja wore theirs throughout the whole Ghost Warrior crisis. In "Peak-a-Boo," the Ninja added Deepstone shoulder pads to the gi. Cole, however, never wore them, due to being turned into a ghost.
Also in the episode "Peak-a-Boo," Kai, Jay, and Zane’s suits were given an insulated snow-jacket type hood to protect them from the cold (Cole, having been turned into a ghost the previous episode, did not need one). This feature is never given a physical minifigure representation, as it’s only a minor detail used in the one episode.
This was the first Ninja outfit to be worn by Nya. Her version of the Deepstone robe includes gold shoulder pads and a predominantly maroon gi with some light blue details.
- 70600 Ninja Bike Chase (Nya; no armor)
- 70731 Jay Walker One (Jay; no armor)
- 70732 City of Stiix (Kai, Jay, Possessed Lloyd)
- 70733 Blaster Bike (Cole)
- 70734 Master Wu Dragon (Cole)
- 70735 Ronin R.E.X. (Kai; no armor)
- 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon (Kai, Jay, Possessed Lloyd)
- 70737 Titan Mech Battle (Jay and Zane)
- 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (Cole, Lloyd, Nya)
- 70751 Temple of Airjitzu (all)
Airjitzu Gi (2015-2016)
|“To master the powers of Airjitzu, we must uplift, not put each other down, Ronin.”|
|— Wu to Ronin, "Peak-a-Boo"|
These suits do not appear in the TV series.
This is the second energy ninja suit.
- 70730 Chain Cycle Ambush (Zane)
- 70739 Airjitzu Kai Flyer (Kai)
- 70740 Airjitzu Jay Flyer (Jay)
- 70741 Airjitzu Cole Flyer (Cole)
- 70742 Airjitzu Zane Flyer (Zane)
- 70590 Airjitzu Battle Grounds (Lloyd and Nya)
Future Robes (2015, 2018, 2021)
For Kai and Jay, the suit consists of a white top part with two sashes of the ninja's signature color combining into a cloth covering the front of the legs, which are black, while a belt of the ninja's color is tied around the waist. Zane's version is primarily titanium like his Jungle variant, while Nya's resembles her Deepstone suit with a darker silver armored design on her torso more akin to her past Samurai X uniforms.
Cole and Lloyd do not appear in these suits, as Lloyd was possessed by Morro at the time and was not with the ninja, while Cole's reflection didn't appear due to his ghost status giving his future self the ability to turn invisible.
Wu also wears a suit of a similar design in the last few episodes of Season 5, starting with Grave Danger. This could imply that the ninja became Sensei in the future.
So far only Wu and Jay have physically appeared in these uniforms, with Nya set to appear in 2021, and it's unknown if the Kai and Zane will have their variants released.
- 30424 WU-CRU Training Dojo (Wu)
- 70734 Master Wu Dragon (Wu)
- 70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty (Wu)
- 71234 Sensei Wu Fun Pack (Wu)
- 5005257 NINJAGO Minifigure Collection (Jay)
Destiny Robe (2016)
|“I haven't even earned my Airjitzu suit yet.”|
|— Nya, "Infamous"|
They also introduce new styles of the Ninjas' elemental symbols (along with the traditional symbols on the backs of each torso), incorporated into the Airjitzu tornado and individual animal depictions on the torso. The animal images have never been used before, and similarly to the dragon symbols, are not explained in the TV series. They also share similar colors with each Ninjas' previous dragon symbol, and details pertaining to their elements. This version is also the first time Nya is wearing the same style of Ninja outfit (including color scheme) as the rest of the Ninja. The symbols on the back are placed within a pair of wings. While most of the ninja have their Japanese symbols here, Nya peculiarly has her "Samurai X" logo in that spot.
A variety of different versions appeared within the Skybound range. Lloyd has two other variants of this suit, one with full black armor similar to the Kendo suits with a gold ring in the center, and the other being his replaced hood with the same neck-hood as the Techno and Tournament variants. Neither of these appeared in the TV series. Jay also has a variant that lacks his hood and sports an eyepatch. Cole has three versions, one with his human skin and two in his ghost form; one with the full hood and one with the neck-hood.
- 70591 Kryptarium Prison Breakout (Kai)
- 70592 Salvage M.E.C. (Nya)
- 70593 The Green NRG Dragon (Lloyd and Cole)
- 70594 The Lighthouse Siege (Jay and Nya)
- 70599 Cole's Dragon (Cole)
- 70600 Ninja Bike Chase (Kai)
- 70601 Sky Shark (Lloyd)
- 70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon (Jay)
- 70603 Raid Zeppelin (Zane)
- 70604 Tiger Widow Island (Nya and Cole)
- 70605 Misfortune's Keep (Kai, Lloyd, Jay)
Honor Robes (2016)
Used in Day of the Departed as well as The Realm of Shadows and Dark Island Trilogy, these Ninja outfits are an amalgamation of the Ninjas' ZX, Original, and Deepstone outfits, with the armor piece from the Skybound gi. They also bring back the old style of the Ninjas' elemental animal symbols. Their hoods are the same piece as the previous two suits, but they add a secondary color instead of the solid black on the Ninjas' hoods, bar Nya's, which is identical to her Deepstone variant.
Cole has a second Honor variant released in the Day of the Departed line. This variant was called "RX" in the sets. It has extra orange, magma-like details around the animal emblem, translucent black arms with magma details, and orange hands. The minifigure lacked the armor the other Honor minfigures have. It represents Cole's Earth Punch, more specifically the moment he unlocked the power in his fight with Master Yang. He is the only one with the RX robe.
- 30425 CRU Master's Training Ground (Zane and Nya)
- 70588 Titanium Ninja Tumbler (Zane)
- 70589 Rock Roader (Cole RX)
- 70595 Ultra Stealth Raider (Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole)
- 70596 Samurai X Cave Chaos (Lloyd, Nya, Jay)
- Book of Secrets (Lloyd)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 21 (Jay)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 22 (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 23 (Kai)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 24 (Zane)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 25 (Lloyd)
Fusion Armor (2017)
Introduced in The Hands of Time, these Ninja suits look similar to the Deepstone and Day of the Departed outfits, reusing the former's armor pieces and the latter's hood (except for Nya). Despite including elements from the previously mentioned suits, these suits have a completely new design for the torso and legs, They are all predominantly colored with the Ninjas' secondary colors with highlights in their primary colors. They also all have black arms.
Kai and Nya's suits have similar, yet mirrored designs, with the straps going over the armor. This is also the first suit of Nya's to be predominantly gunmetal gray.
- 30426 Stealthy Swamp Airboat (Cole)
- 70621 The Vermillion Attack (Kai)
- 70622 Desert Lightning (Jay)
- 70623 Destiny's Shadow (Cole and Lloyd)
- 70624 Vermillion Invader (Zane)
- 70625 Samurai VXL (Nya)
- 70626 Dawn of Iron Doom (Jay and Lloyd)
- 70627 Dragon's Forge (Kai and Nya)
Resistance Robes (2018)
In the eighth season, as well as the end of the ninth season finale, the Ninja have suits similar to the Ninja Force suits from The LEGO Ninjago Movie, by reusing the two-piece Ninja hood but now in reverse color (except for Cole and, to an extent, Zane). Each Ninja has the armor piece from the Skybound suits in gunmetal gray. Zane is the only exception, as most instances of his minifigure have a quiver instead. Many of the unique elements from the Ninja Force suits carry over to these suits, Nya's having a skirt and Zane's robes having a more angular design are some examples. As well as that, each Resistance suit also sports the Secret Ninja Force logo on the back of the torso and the name of the respective element in Ninjargon on the front, except for Jay and Lloyd, who's suits read "Park" and "Ninja" respectively.
Despite including elements from the previously mentioned suits, these have brand new designs on them, with Jay having more armor and Cole having more orange highlights. Much like the Fusion suit, Kai and Nya have similar designs on their robes.
For more information on the character design changes, see Season 8: Sons of Garmadon § Designs.
- 70638 Katana V11 (Kai)
- 70639 Street Race of the Snake Jaguar (Zane)
- 70641 Ninja Nightcrawler (Lloyd and Nya)
- 70642 Killow vs. Samurai X (Jay)
- 70643 Temple of Resurrection (Cole and Lloyd)
- 30534 Ninja Workout (Lloyd; Legacy hood)
- 30535 Fire Flight (Kai; Legacy hood)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 39 (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 42 (Kai)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 53 (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 55 (Kai)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 57 (Zane)
Black Training Gi (2018-2019)
The Black Training outfits are kimonos that the Ninja wear as a training outfit. They have gold details and the Wu-Cru logo emblazoned on the front. The back of the gi has a dragon and "Ninja" written in Ninjargon. The Ninja who appear in Kendo Pods in these suits also include golden shoulder armor and a black Kendo helmet with details in each Ninja's respective color. These suits are yet to appear in the television show.
Kai and Zane are yet to have physical variants released.
In all of the First Spinjitzu Master's appearances from Season 9 onwards, he wears a kimono similar to this variant.
- 30532 Turbo (Lloyd)
- 70657 Ninjago City Docks (Dareth)
- 853758 Jay's Kendo Training Pod (Jay)
- 853759 Cole's Kendo Training Pod (Cole)
- 853899 Lloyd's Kendo Training Pod (Lloyd)
Spinjitzu Masters (2018)
The Spinjitzu Masters outfits are very similar to the Airjitzu suits, although they represent when the Ninja are doing Spinjitzu. The masks of these suits consist of (for each Ninja) of the top half of their LEGO Ninjago Movie mask, and the bottom half of their SoG mask. Their torso seems to be the Black Training Gi but enhanced by their elemental power (with the exception of Cole and Zane where it seems to be their Sons of Garmadon suits) They all have colored hands that match their element, and black sleeves (except for Cole). They all share the same legs, which are the same legs on the new training gi.
These suits do not appear in the TV series.
This is the third energy ninja suit.
- 70633 Kai Spinjitzu Master (Kai)
- 70634 Nya Spinjitzu Master (Nya)
- 70635 Jay Spinjitzu Master (Jay)
- 70636 Zane Spinjitzu Master (Zane)
- 70637 Cole Spinjitzu Master (Cole)
- 70640 S.O.G. Headquarters (Lloyd)
Hunted Robes (2018)
The Ninjas' gi in Season 9: Hunted all use their The LEGO Ninjago Movie (and SoG faces) for heads and a mask that consists of the top half of their SoG mask and a black bottom half (Cole is the exception, as his mask remains the same because both halves are mostly black). Despite this, the masks were only used in two episodes. Lloyd used his in "Radio Free Ninjago" and "Green Destiny," while the original four Ninja only use theirs in "Green Destiny." Nya does not use hers at all. Dareth uses a similar looking hood during "Green Destiny" in brown.
Zane, Cole, Kai, and Jay's suits consist of their torn SoG suits with added armor elements (excluding Cole, whose outfit does not change following the conclusion to Sons of Garmadon). Lloyd and Nya's suits are brand new, with the Wu-Cru symbol emblazoned on it.
- 70650 Destiny's Wing (Kai)
- 70651 Throne Room Showdown (Lloyd and Nya)
- 70652 Stormbringer (Jay and Zane)
- 70653 Firstbourne (Kai and Cole)
- 70654 Dieselnaut (Jay and Zane)
- 70655 The Dragon Pit (Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole)
- 70658 Oni Titan (Lloyd and Nya)
Dragon Masters (2018)
The Dragon Masters suit are very similar to the SoG's suits, by reusing the latter's hood. Wu also has a minifigure in this variant, making this the first time the Ninjas' master has the same gi as the Ninja. The torso has some new details that resemble a pilot outfit. The arms of Kai, Cole, and Zane are in their respective secondary colors. The same dragon logo is emblazoned on the back of their suits. Each Ninja's suit shares the same leg print (bar Wu).
Lloyd and Nya don't have Dragon Masters suits, possibly due to the fact that they were never marooned in the Realm of Oni and Dragons.
These suits do not appear in the TV series.
- 70644 Golden Dragon Master (Teen Wu)
- 70645 Cole - Dragon Master (Cole)
- 70646 Jay - Dragon Master (Jay)
- 70647 Kai - Dragon Master (Kai)
- 70648 Zane - Dragon Master (Zane)
Legacy Robes (Dragon) (2019-2020)
The Ninjas' gi in the Legacy (Seasons 1 & 2) sets and Season 10 are less complex than some of the previous ones. They have new mask molds similar to the Honor and 2011 masks. Each of the Ninjas' masks is made of their base color and a band of their secondary color over the top part. They are also far bulkier and restrict movement. Several old design elements have returned, including Nya's gi having an azure and maroon color scheme for the first time since Day of the Departed and Cole's gi having sleeves for the first time since Hands of Time. Lloyd also has a Golden Ninja variant. In "The News Never Sleeps!," Nelson has a hood based on the Legacy hood.
On their torso, the designs have golden dragon emblems, similar to the DX suits. The back of each variant also features the Japanese characters the ninja suits sported on nearly every variant until the Fusion suits. In 2020, a golden armor piece, recolored from the Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu suits, began appearing on variants. Nya and Lloyd's green ninja suits are yet to be released with this armor piece.
- Ninjago Magazine Legacy Issue 3 (Kai)
- Ninjago Magazine Legacy Issue 4 (Jay)
- Ninjago Magazine Legacy Issue 6 (Lloyd)
- Ninjago Magazine Legacy Issue 8 (Kai)
Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu (2019-2020)
The Ninja Gi in the eleventh season are very simplistic compared to the suits they've worn prior. Each Ninjas' mask reuses their Legacy hood (except for Cole and Nya), but on the bandana is a Ninjargon symbol that corresponds with the first letter of the Ninja name. They each have a new armor piece similar to the Skybound armor, but on the right shoulder instead of the left. Lloyd is the only Ninja without gloves.
The format for the suits are a plain Ninja Gi of their base color, with armor and belt elements similar to that of the Hunted suits. The torso and arms remain the Ninja base color, as well as the legs except for Jay, who sports dark blue legs.
Unlike most suits, this Gi appears beyond the season it was introduced in, appearing as the ninja Gi in Season 12 and Season 13 before they receive specialized suits, and it will continue in the following stories.
- 70671 Lloyd's Journey (Lloyd)
- 70672 Cole's Dirt Bike (Cole and Kai)
- 70673 ShuriCopter (Zane)
- 70675 Katana 4x4 (Kai)
- 70676 Lloyd's Titan Mech (Lloyd)
- 70677 Land Bounty (Kai, Jay, and Nya)
- 70678 Castle of the Forsaken Emperor (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 62 (Cole)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 63 (Nya)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 64 (Jay)
- Ninjago Magazine Issue 65 (Zane)
Forbidden Spinjitzu (2019)
The FS Ninja are nearly identical to the Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu suits, the only difference being their hoods possess a powered-up element and they do not come with their usual gunmetal gray armor.
Kai and Nya's Forbidden Spinjitzu suits do not appear in the TV series, though Kai does appear in this form as an error.
This is the fourth energy ninja suit.
- 70673 ShuriCopter (Jay)
- 70674 Fire Fang (Kai)
- 70675 Katana 4x4 (Nya)
- 70676 Lloyd's Titan Mech (Zane)
- 70677 Land Bounty (Cole)
- 70678 Castle of the Forsaken Emperor (Lloyd)
Spinjitzu Slam (2019)
The Spinjitzu Slam outfits are very similar to the NRG, Airjitzu, and FS suits, being similar to the former's elemental designs and reusing the latter's hood. It is also similar to the ZX suits, by using some gold and/or silver details on each Ninja. These minifigures also have new double-sided face prints; one side features a "powered-up" face, with respective elemental power in their eyes, and the other features a smirk. Cole and Nya are the only Ninja without Spinjitzu Slam Variants.
These suits do not appear in the TV series, however, the "powered-up" face print resembles the eyes of the ninja when they hold the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu.
This is the fifth energy ninja suit.
- 70681 Spinjitzu Slam - Lloyd (Lloyd)
- 70682 Spinjitzu Slam - Jay (Jay)
- 70683 Spinjitzu Slam - Zane (Zane)
- 70684 Spinjitzu Slam - Kai vs Samurai (Kai)
Legacy Robes (Sleeveless) (2020)
The Ninja's robes in the Legacy 2 (Seasons 3 and 4) sets inherit color-coded bandanas and include a mixture of various elements from their Techno and Tournament gi. They lack sleeves and have writing along the sash, like the latter, but the torso prints closer resemble the former, as they are more unique to each ninja and cover more of their torso.
Nya and Zane are yet to have their variants officially revealed.
These suits are yet to appear in the TV series.
There is a spelling mistake on Jay, Cole, and Lloyd's variant, in which instead of saying "Master," in Ninjargon as intended, it actually says "Manter." Kai's variant, released later than the other three, did not have this mistake. Lloyd's variant was later fixed to spell "Master".
- 71699 Thunder Raider (Jay, Cole, Lloyd)
- 71700 Jungle Raider (Lloyd)
- 71704 Kai Fighter (Kai and Lloyd)
- Ninjago Magazine Legacy Issue 5 (Cole)
Digi Robes (2020)
The Ninjas' gi in Season 12: Prime Empire use various white highlights compared to their previous outfits. Their masks each are dual molded with their primary color as the base and white appearing in the front as a type of visor of sorts, which display the first letter of their names in Ninjargon at the center (a similar fashion to their suits from Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu). They each have new white armor pieces, and their suits have their primary color as a base with white highlights and technological type straps with blue energy signals appearing on them. The robe printing appears largely the same on each variant, bar Cole, how has a vest over the robe. Each Ninja also has a new face print, one side represents the visor and the other is a smirk, except Kai, who has a unique scared expression. Jay and Lloyd's smirk prints strongly resemble their secondary face print on the Spinjitzu Slam minifigures.
Zane does not enter Prime Empire, so his Digi Robes do not appear in the TV series or in minifigure form, instead appearing exclusively in promotional media and trading cards. His Digi Robe variant is unique, as the visor and armor elements are silver and the dot printing on the torso carries over onto the arm. Like the rest of the variants, Zane's leg and torso prints are largely similar to the others.
- 71706 Cole's Speeder Car (Cole)
- 71707 Kai's Mech Jet (Kai)
- 71708 Gamer's Market (Jay)
- 71709 Jay and Lloyd's Velocity Racers (Jay and Lloyd)
- 71710 Ninja Tuner Car (Kai)
- 71711 Jay's Cyber Dragon (Jay and Nya)
- 71712 Empire Temple of Madness (Cole, Lloyd, and Jay)
- 71713 Empire Dragon (Kai and Lloyd)
- 71714 Kai Avatar - Arcade Pod (Kai)
- 71715 Jay Avatar - Arcade Pod (Jay)
- 71716 Lloyd Avatar - Arcade Pod (Lloyd)
Avatar Outfits (2020)
The Ninja have Avatar outfits in Season 12: Prime Empire. Each of these outfits are completely different, and they seem to be based on exaggerated aspects of that Ninja's personality or based on a previous outfit that Ninja has worn in the past seasons (in the case of Pink Zane and Cole as Rocky Dangerbuff.)
- 71708 Gamer's Market (Zane, Cole, Nya)
- 71714 Kai Avatar - Arcade Pod (Kai)
- 71715 Jay Avatar - Arcade Pod (Jay)
- 71716 Lloyd Avatar - Arcade Pod (Lloyd)
Hero Ninja (2020)
|“I do not see the necessity of this armor.”|
“Merely a precaution. Just in case it is an ambush.”
|— Zane and Gulch, "Grief-Bringer"|
Where each ninja received their Hero suits varies between in the show. Nya, Jay, and Lloyd got theirs from the Munce, Kai and Zane received theirs from the Geckles and Cole found his in the Heart of the Mountain, presumably belonging to his mother, as she is depicted wearing similar armor on a statue of her forged by the Geckles and Munce. The gold armor suits came from the Geckles and the silver armor suits came from the Munce (with the exception of Cole, who was with neither group).
- 71717 Journey to the Skull Dungeons (Jay, Lloyd, Nya)
- 71719 Zane's Mino Creature (Zane and Cole)
- 71720 Fire Stone Mech (Kai, Cole, Nya)
- 71721 Skull Sorcerer's Dragon (Kai, Jay, Nya)
- 71722 Skull Sorcerer's Dungeons (Zane, Cole, Lloyd)
Spinjitzu Burst (2020)
The Spinjitzu Burst outfits are very similar to the NRG, FS, and Spinjitzu Slam suits.
Their bodies are fully enveloped by the color that represents each ninja with their eyes shining. Elemental energy appears over their torsos and their legs are the same as the Sleeveless Legacy suit. The Spinjitzu Burst sets include both the Dragon Legacy hood and a conical hat. Nya, Jay, and Zane do not have a Spinjitzu Burst outfit. Kai and Cole's faces have new, grimacing expressions, while Lloyd's is a recoloring of his face that has been used since the movie.
Despite Kai and Lloyd having it in the set, they haven't done Spinjitzu Burst in the show.
This is the sixth energy ninja suit.
- 70685 Spinjitzu Burst Cole (Cole)
- 70686 Spinjitzu Burst Kai (Kai)
- 70687 Spinjitzu Burst Lloyd (Lloyd)
The LEGO Ninjago Movie (2017-2018)
Many variants of the Ninja appear exclusively in The LEGO Ninjago Movie. They were the first to include the new designs for each of the Ninja.
Secret Ninja Force Gi (2017-2018)
In the movie, which takes place in a different continuity than the show, the Ninja have new suits that have a new two-piece Ninja hood and brand new designs on them. The new Ninja hood is similar to the Deepstone and Skybound suits, with the hood being mainly black and that the secondary colors are based on the Ninjas' elements. Zane's Ninja hood, however, does not have any black coloring, but instead, is full white. Meanwhile, Jay has dark blue as a secondary color, albeit in the show it is a lighter shade of blue. Other notable variations are present between the individual suits: Nya has a waist cape, while Cole's suit does not have sleeves. A character called the Fuchsia Ninja wears this outfit in the colors pink and black as the secondary color, though he doesn't have a physical minifigure.
Kai and Lloyd also have Kendo variants of their Ninja Force gi, wearing Kendo helmets and body armor instead of Ninja hoods, much like the Kendo armor from 2012. The armor and helmet are black. Kai's helmet has gold and red highlights. Neither Kai nor Lloyd wear Kendo armor in the movie.
Spinjitzu Training/Ceremonial Robe (2017-2018)
Each Ninja had a Spinjitzu Training (also known as Ceremonial in some forms of media) robe variant that appeared in many promotional sets for the movie. Each suit is identical to each other, with the only difference being that any extra accessories their Secret Ninja Force featured carried over (Kai's armor, Zane's quiver, etc.). The robes are white with black and gold trimmings. There is a Wu-Cru logo on the left side of the torso and the word "Ninja" in Ninjargon on the left leg. These suits are also unique, in that they have no headwear of any kind, as instead, each Minifigure includes the Ninja's respective hairpiece.
Despite their many physical appearances, they were not seen in the actual movie. Zane technically didn't have a movie version of this suit, as his variant was released as a Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu Minifigure in the Sons of Garmadon range.
- 10739 Shark Attack (Lloyd)
- 30530 WU-CRU Target Training (Lloyd and Nya; alt variations)
- 70620 Ninjago City (Mannequins; 2x)
- 70657 Ninjago City Docks (Lil' Nelson)
- 71019 The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series (Kai)
- 5004916 Kai's Dojo Pod (Kai)
- 5005230 Zane's Kendo Training Pod (Zane)
- Since the beginning, the symbols of the four original Ninja have been of their Elemental Animals, while Lloyd had the symbol of the Ouroboros snake until he obtained his Elemental suit which had a symbol more like the other's but resembling a serpent. When he finally became the Golden Ninja, it was changed to his current dragon symbol.
- The Silver Techno Robes all have animal symbols (each designated to the appropriate Ninja), except for Zane, who has his elemental symbol instead.
- This may have been an error, a meaningless detail, or a hint to Zane's greater role in that season and episode.
- Also, he has a slightly different design than the rest of the Ninja.
- The strip of Chinese characters on the Tournament Robe are the Elemental Symbols of the Ninja, excluding Zane's. Together they are "平牛羊斗" and translates to "flat cattle sheep fight." Strangely enough, these symbols' appearance also hints at their respective elements: Kai's character symbol resembles a blacksmith's forge, for fire; Cole's is like an earth-moving bucket; Jay's hints an electric Chinese lantern; Lloyd's is a pair of swords, hilts crossed; and Zane's is a collection of icicles.
- Their symbols also are tied to the Ninjas' names as well. With the exception of Kai, Lloyd, and Cole, their symbols actually translate in English to their names. Nya's symbol (牛—cow) is pronounced "niu," Zane's symbol (山—mountain) is pronounced "shan," and Jay's symbol (羊—sheep) although this is a stretch, is pronounced yang.
- The Skybound outfits feature a sideways glance at the Ninjas' elemental symbols, revealing that they were actually animals: Kai's is a lion, Jay's is an octopus, Zane's is a wolf, Cole's is a gorilla, Nya's is a phoenix, and Lloyd's remains a dragon.
- According to the original Character Encyclopedia, a variant of Lloyd's ZX suit is actually his non-gold Elemental one. However, this seems to be an error, referring to his Kimono uniform as ZX.
- Jay and Cole occasionally have similar outfits.
- Cole's and Jay's ZX suits have a silver crown, while Zane's and Kai's ZX suits have gold ones.
- Cole's and Jay's Techno suits have two horizontal cloths wrapping around, while Kai's and Zane's do not.
- For some reason, Kai and Cole have a conical hat with the same color as the rest of their suits(red and black respectively) for their Spinjitzu Burst sets, but Lloyd has a silver hat despite the rest of his suit being green.
- Lloyd is the only ninja whose avatar's hair piece is different from his usual hair before wearing an avatar.
- The Fuchsia Ninja's gi being a pinkish-purple color is possibly a reference to Zane's suit being pink in Season 1.
- The ZX variants of the Ninja (along with Nya's 2014 Samurai X variant) are featured as unlockable characters in The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame.
- The Ninjas' movie to Season 9 symbols go as follows:
- Zane's symbol is a snowflake.
- Lloyd's is two Ninjargon "L"s overlapping (for Ll-[oyd]).
- Cole's symbol is the Ninjargon letter for "E" (for earth).
- Kai's symbol is a Ninjargon "H" (possibly for hot).
- Jay's symbol is a Ninjargon "T" (possibly for thunder).
- And Nya's symbol is a Ninjargon "W" (for water).
- Also, on the Ninjas' gi, are words spelled out across their belts:
- Zane has "ice."
- Lloyd has "Ninja."
- Cole has "earth."
- Kai has "fire."
- Jay has "spark."
- Nya has "water."
- During Season 9, Cole is the only Ninja to have words on his gi.
- As of Season 11, their symbols have changed to the Ninjargon letter corresponding with their first initial.
- Zane's is a Z.
- Lloyd's is a single L.
- Cole's is a C.
- Kai's is a K.
- Jay's is a J.
- And Nya's is an N.
- The League of Jay all wear different outfits of Jay's.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, it is "Pretty unlikely" that the Ninja's designs will change back to how they used to look. He also stated that "I accepted the new designs, adjusted them as much as I could for the show. I have grown to like them."
- Sometimes the Ninja have worn more casual clothing, either to go undercover or pretend not to be ninja ("The Royal Blacksmiths," "Infamous," and "Public Enemy Number One") or simply to hang out in their time off (the non-canon "Wu's Teas"). These outfits utilize the Ninja's main colors, and some of them use designs from other LEGO themes, such as Jay's torso resembling a similar variant of the Harry Potter character.
- The DX, ZX, NRG, Techno, Tournament, Honor and Hunted suits are the only suits not to appear in any of the Monastery Murals.
- Also, because the murals only show the Pilot Episodes up to Hunted (not counting the new Ninja Mural painted in "Endings", the Legacy, Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu, Digi and Hero suits aren't included either.
- The Ninja have multiple copies of at least some of their suits, as seen with the other sets of ZX suits on the Black Bounty in "Double Trouble" and the signed ones on display at Ninjago Doomsday Comix in "Child's Play." Lloyd also wore his original Techno robe at the beginning of Season 4 despite it having been altered (gaining a design identical to his later Stone Armor variant) when he gave up his Golden Power at the Temple of Light in "Codename: Arcturus."
- The Ninja might have extra copies of their previous suits as Jay was seen in his ZX suit in Season 4, even though in Season 2, their ZX suits changed into Elemental Robes. In Season 9, Lloyd and Nya both wore their Hunted gi, until "The Gilded Path," when they had to burn them. They later wore extra ones in "The Weakest Link" up until "Green Destiny."
- Despite the Digi Robes originating in Prime Empire, they now exist in real life as the Ninja were wearing them as they exited the game in Game Over.
- Various other characters in the franchise reuse certain ninja torso designs to varying degrees.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1263581415502827525
- ↑ LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/806810065877565440
- ↑ "Infamous"
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1158409151246213121
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1283501341692878852
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1293926010614882304
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/1294337905033445376