|“At last! I’ve dreamed of this moment, Wu! I’ve dreamed of it!”|
|— Aspheera, to Wu|
|"Vengeance is Mine!"|
|Season 11, Episode 14|
|Air date|| August 3, 2019 (US)|
September 2, 2019 (Australia)
September 20, 2019 (Canada)
|Written by||Bragi Schut|
|Directed by||Daniel Ife|
"The Explorers Club"
"A Cold Goodbye"
Vengeance is Mine! is the fourteenth episode of the eleventh season, and the 112th episode overall of LEGO Ninjago. It aired on August 3, 2019, in the United States, on September 2, 2019 in Australia, and on September 20, 2019 in Canada. It was paired up with "The Explorers Club."
Extended: Lloyd, Nya and Zane race back to the Monastery of Spinjitzu with the second Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu, with which they hope to defeat Aspheera. Meanwhile, inside the hangar bay far below the Monastery, Jay, Kai, Cole, Pixal and Wu struggle to finish building the Titan Mech, to defend themselves against Aspheera who has nearly managed to force open the hangar bay doors. Aspheera finally bursts open the hangar doors! The ninja hide in a crawlspace below the floor. Unfortunately, Jay's sneeze gives up their hiding place, and Aspheera discovers them. She is about to blast Wu with her Scroll weapon, when Pixal comes to the rescue in the finished mech. A heroic last-minute battle ensues, in which the ninja defend their master. Lloyd, Zane and Nya arrive in the nick of time, and manage finally to defeat Aspheera, who is encased in ice. Unfortunately, however, victory quickly turns to tragedy when Aspheera manages (despite being frozen) to trigger a final blast from her Scroll weapon. The blast is meant for Wu, but Zane throws himself in front of his master and disappears in a burst of white light. In an epilogue, Wu visits Aspheera at Kryptarium Prison much later and learns that Aspheera did not destroy Zane, but rather banished him to the most forsaken realm in all of creation... a dreaded place called the "Never-Realm," from which no one has ever returned...
In the Underground Base, Aspheera's Elemental Cobras continued to break down the Underground Base doors while inside, the Ninja, Wu, and P.I.X.A.L. continued to build the Titan Mech. While building, Nya called from the Land Bounty to tell them that she, Lloyd, and Zane have the second Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu, and Wu tells Nya to tell Lloyd to be careful with the Scroll and hurry to the Monastery.
After the call ended, Nya tells Lloyd to be careful with the Scroll, but when she does, Lloyd looks into the Scroll. His eyes brighten and green flames appear from his head, and because of the Scroll's powers, it causes Lloyd to say that he'll be careful in a demonic tone. This causes Nya to feel worried, so Lloyd puts the Scroll down and wraps it up using the carpet.
Meanwhile, the Pyro Vipers continued to break down the doors that are close to falling apart. This made the Ninja worried, but Cole thinks of hiding under the vents; however, P.I.X.A.L. continues working on the mech. A few seconds later, the doors break down and when Aspheera stormed in, she saw that the Ninja and Wu was gone. She was surprised at first and later angry, telling Wu to come out and face her if he has the courage, but she was alerted when she heard Jay's sneeze. She was able to find the Ninja and Wu and said that she always dreamed of this moment, but was stopped when P.I.X.A.L. came in with the finish Titan Mech; keeping her away from Wu and the Ninja.
Char fled in fear before the battle, but Aspheera held her own by overpowering the Ninja, P.I.X.A.L., and Wu. She held them hostage until Zane arrived in the ShuriCopter and Lloyd and Nya in the Land Bounty. Aspheera was shocked that they were able to get the second Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu, and engaged in an epic Forbidden Spinjitzu battle. Eventually, she knocked the Scroll out of Lloyd's hand, and then started to fight Jay and then Cole.When the Scroll was knocked out of Cole's hands, the Scroll fell right next to Kai, but when he picked it up, the Scroll had no effect since Kai's powers was stolen. Aspheera jolted the Scroll away from Kai and it fell in front of Zane. She then used her staff to blast Wu but he dodged, making the Titan Mech disappear. Afterward, Zane used the Scroll to freeze Aspheera and the Pyro Vipers. Jay questioned how Zane was able to do that, and Wu replies that it was the power of the Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu and asks Zane to give the Scroll to him. Zane hesitated at first but went to give the Scroll to Wu.
However, before Zane could relinquish the scroll, he noticed Aspheera had manage to break her arm free from the ice and aimed her staff while blasting at Wu, but Zane saved his master by pushing Wu of the way causing him to be hit and be seemingly destroyed. The Ninja, Wu, and P.I.X.A.L. were heartbroken that their friend was gone once more.
After the battle, Wu went to Kryptarium Prison, where he visited to Aspheera whose powers are currently ineffective and being held in Garmadon's old cell. She remarks on how fitting their meeting is, since it is like her first imprisonment. Wu is infuriated that her vendetta cost him an innocent life, and ask if she was satisfied with her deed. Aspheera was confused, as she revealed that she never wanted to destroy Wu, but make him feel her suffering by trapping him.
Aspheera goes on by stating Zane was not destroyed but banished to a place Wu could never go to, the Never-Realm. Wu is horrified to learn this and runs out as she taunts him before laughing maniacally.
Meanwhile in the Never-Realm, the Titan Mech is laying on the ground while Zane's footprints are shown leading away from it.
- Aspheera - Pauline Newstone
- Automated Response - Kelly Metzger
- Char - Brian Drummond
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd Garmadon - Sam Vincent
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The Never-Realm
- Narrator: Aspheera
- Aspheera has been arrested and is being held in Garmadon's old cell in Kryptarium Prison.
- This is the second time Zane sacrificed himself during a battle but survives at the end of an episode. The first being "The Titanium Ninja."
- This is the second time in 2019 that a Ninja supposedly died during an episode and appeared at the end, the first time being Cole in "The Fall."
- When battling Aspheera, Nya is the only Ninja who did not attempt to use Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- P.I.X.A.L. saying "Get away from them, you witch" when appearing with the Titan Mech and swatting Aspheera away is a slightly altered family-friendly reference to an iconic line Ripley delivers in the 1986 sequel movie, Aliens: "get away from her you _itch!"
- Despite not getting revenge on Wu, Aspheera gets her victory in a way by hurting him with Zane's fate.
- This is the first episode since "Green Destiny" to have a villain announce the title card.
- All of the Ninja, except for Kai and Nya, have used the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu by the end of the episode.
- When Aspheera tells the Pyro Vipers to capture the Ninja after she overpowered them, the flames on three of the Pyro Whippers' necks were missing.
- When Aspheera attacked Kai when he had the second Scroll of Forbidden Spinjitzu, the flames on his head appear even though his Elemental Power was stolen from him.
- The flames on Cole's head appeared a few seconds before he touched the scroll.
- When Zane was sent to the Never-Realm, Wu's staff was not seen but in P.I.X.A.L.'s dream in "A Cold Goodbye," it was seen.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.