|“Perfection, I'm afraid, has a cost. And the cost is Vengestone. It comes from the mines.”|
“From the mountain. From the earth.”
|— The Skull Sorcerer and the Skull of Hazza D'ur, "The Skull Sorcerer"|
- Power Negation - It stops the powers of those who are chained to it. If he or she is freed, they can use their elemental powers again even ghost or magical powers.
- Power Augmentation (in an Alternate Timeline) - It upgrades the Elemental Masters' powers and makes them stronger or more enhanced, but as a side effect, it makes their powers uncontrollable. This ability was erased due to Jay's final wish to erase the story of the sixth season.
Materials Made Out Of Vengestone
At some point in time, Vengestone was created, having the ability to cancel out the powers of an Elemental Master, as well as ghosts. It seems to originate from the First Realm as the Dragon Hunters use it to hunt the dragons.
When the Serpentine trapped Master Wu, the Ninja, and Nya inside a cage made of Vengestone, Kai suggested they escape using their elemental powers, but Wu informed him that it's no use, since the rock wards off their elemental powers.
After loading up the defeated Elemental Masters, minus Lloyd, Chen threw them in a cage made of Vengestone to prevent their escape.
After their capture, each Elemental Masters were placed in chains made of Vengestone as Chen used his Staff of Elements to steal their powers. Later on, after easily defeating Lloyd, Chen had the Green Ninja placed in Vengestone chains before stealing his elemental power.
Very soon, Kai stole Chen's staff and destroyed the chains, binding Lloyd with the powers of the staff.
Ronin attempted to trap the Ninja in a net made of Vengestone but fails.
While pursuing Jay on the roller coaster, Ronin attempted to capture him by using a Vengestone net but missed.
Cole used his first wish from Nadakhan to make Vengestone strengthen their powers instead of canceling them. To everyone's surprise, it worked. But eventually, the Vengestone restraints caused their powers to grow too much and become uncontrollable. This forced Lloyd to make his own loophole to counter Nadakhan's by breaking their chains, freeing them as well.
As a result of Jay's final wish erasing the events of the season, Nadakhan would never grant Cole's wish, thus making Vengestone retain its original effects on the Ninja and the Elemental Masters.
Cole, captured by the Sons of Garmadon, was placed in a cage made of Vengestone within the Sons of Garmadon's headquarters. He attempted to break through the cage with his Earth Punch, but he was unable to.
Geckles and Munce are shown mining Vengestone deep within Shintaro Mountain.
Zane's Mino was shown wearing armor made of Vengestone.
- It is revealed in Season 9 sets that the Dragon Hunters utilize Vengestone weaponry to combat the Dragons, thus allowing them to exploit their elemental powers for their own purposes.
- Interestingly, Vengestone does not keep Dragons from using their powers. Its only effect on the Dragons seem to be that it is strong enough to keep them from escaping, or it may weaken their powers.
- Shintaro Mountain contains a mine that bares Vengestone.