|“What could possibly be more important than survival?”|
“Oh, well. Lots of things. Friendship, man, and-and-and love, and harmony, and trust, and truth, and courage, and you know, all the stuff that makes life worthwhile. Without those, I mean, what's the point? Right?”
|— Garmadon and Vinny in "The Fall"|
- 1 History
- 1.1 Rise of the Snakes
- 1.2 Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 1.3 Skybound
- 1.4 Hunted
- 1.5 March of the Oni
- 1.6 Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 1.7 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 1.8 Prime Empire
- 1.9 Seabound
- 2 Appearances
- 2.1 Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 2.1.1 Season 1: Rise of the Snakes
- 2.1.2 Season 2: Legacy of the Green Ninja
- 2.1.3 Season 6: Skybound
- 2.1.4 Season 9: Hunted
- 2.1.5 Season 10: March of the Oni
- 2.1.6 Season 11: Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu
- 2.1.7 Prime Empire Original Shorts
- 2.1.8 Season 12: Prime Empire
- 2.1.9 Season 14: Seabound
- 2.1 Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
Note: because Vinny has the appearance of a common background character design, the pre-S10 only appearances of this character design that will be listed here are his appearances as the NGTV cameraman.
Vinny is holding a camera until Dareth crashes into him and knocks him over. Vinny then shouts that he quits and runs off.
Vinny filmed Gayle while they traveled in a helicopter to get a closer look at Djinjago.
Vinny is seen holding his camera when he and Gayle Gossip are being attacked by the Sons of Garmadon. Dareth accidentally saves them by falling over and over but it seemed as if he was intentionally kicking them.
Dareth asked Vinny if he got that on film and is pleased he did. When he watches Gayle swoon over her rescue.
After Garmadon's defeat, Vinny attended the celebration for the ninja.
Once the ninja arrived to rescue the NGTV staff, Vinny and other citizens head to the roof to climb aboard the Destiny's Bounty.
Later on, he accidentally stumbles upon Garmadon when looking for the bathroom. As he was in awe to meet Garmadon, he introduced himself and tried to leave, but Garmadon asked what is more important than surviving. After answering with friendship, trust, and the like, Garmadon was touched and excused him.
When Gayle voiced her frustration of Fred Finely covering the Elemental Cobras attack while she did the puppy petting competition, Vinny informs her that they're on-air and she was surprised and embarrassed but still reluctantly did the report. When an Elemental Cobra scares everyone away, Gayle chooses to pursue it and a reluctant Vinny comes along. They film Aspheera, who was looking for the Treacherous Deceiver that locked her in the pyramid and they both end up caught with Aspheera threatening them to reveal the location of the Ninjago Museum of History, which Vinny tells before they're both grabbed. Aspheera later had Vinny film her to show her speech to the city.
An Elemental Cobra held Vinny hostage while Gayle follows Aspheera to the museum. Once they got there, Gayle tells Vinny she thinks this would make great news, but he was unsure. Later, while the ninja and Aspheera's army fought for the scroll, Vinny dragged Gayle away.
Vinny records Gayle's news report near the museum.
Vinny is recording Gayle's broadcast on the Preeminent's arrival in Ninjago City when the Preeminent interrupts them and blows them across the city. After Samurai X saves them, Vinny watches them battle each other. At one point, Gayle reminds him to record the fight.
Vinny was present at Nya's memorial.
- The attack of the Great Devourer is the only known event at which Vinny was shown with a reporter other than Gayle Gossip.
- Vinny's eyebrows change to the same design as Nobu's in the upgraded WILFilm ApS animation from Season 8: Sons of Garmadon onward, and he uses a more generic design in the WildBrain animation.
- He is uncredited in "Day of the Great Devourer" and referred to as "Cameraman" in the credits of "The Day Ninjago Stood Still." He was only give an name as of Season 10, when he had a larger role in the story.
- His design is often used on background characters, such as the father in "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" or the garbage man in "True Potential".
- Tommy Andreasen has spoken on why fans love Vinny, saying, "There's nothing special about his design at all. It's just the way he conducts himself and talks, and the way he kind of graces the story every once in a while and then he's out again, it makes a very endearing character."
The images on Vinny Folson need to be organized.