|Water||Water (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
This template has been added to the following article because some or most of the images added here are not up to Ninjago Wiki standards.
For further help and advice, please visit the image policy to see what quality images the wiki expects.
Water is an element in Ninjago. It was formerly used by Maya before it was passed down to her daughter and last known user, Nya. This element is associated with aqua and light blue and corresponds with the Elemental Water Dragon.
Nya has control over the Water and when she uses it in a form of a vortex (via her True Potential) it allows her to have control over the Water (rains, tidal waves, etc.). This power can also be used to summon sea creatures.
- Hydrokinesis/Aquakinesis - The user can manipulate and generate Water, including water inside objects (like water bottles), and possibly use this ability underwater. The user can also encapsulate and/or surround an object or person moving the Water. In "The Belly of the Beast," Cole said that Nya might not be able to draw Water from the air due to the low humidity of the Desert of Doom. This confirms that users of this element can only generate Water when there is humidity in the atmosphere.
- Water Entrapment - The user can use Water to trap ghosts in it since it's the only thing known to stop ghosts, as explained by Master Wu during Nya's water training in "Stiix and Stones."
- Rain Generation - The user can make it rain, even in a drought.
- Water Shield Construction - The user can make a shield of Water to protect themselves (works dramatically against ghosts).
- Water Blasts - The user can release Water over a specific target area causing great damage and/or delivering great shock waves of pure force.
- Hydrokinetic Flight - The user is able to propel themselves up using Water.
- Water Sphere Generation - The user is able to generate a sphere of Water that they are able to hold in the air.
- Hydro-Cryokinesis - Users are able to control a little bit of Ice, and still have Water. However, this requires a great amount of focus, has a lot of limits, and must be in the right condition zone.
- Underwater Propulsion - The user is able to propel themselves underwater.
- Water Constructs - The user is able to turn Water into tools, objects, weapons, and other items. Nya used this to make spring/steps to move forward when there is no solid ground to stand on.
- Aquatic Life Manipulation - With enough concentration, the user can control marine life. Nya used this to summon whales to take her and the rest of her friends back to Ninjago.
Via the users' True Potential
- Tidal Wave Generation - Allows the user to create a tidal wave by pushing or pulling a great amount of water.
- Waterspout Generation - The user is able to be surrounded by Water for offense or defense.
- Whirlpool Creation - The user can generate a whirlpool, swirling bodies of Water that can be used to attack or trap enemies.
- Merging with the Endless Sea - As a last resort, the user can use their elemental powers to become one with the Endless Sea. However, once the user is merged with the sea, they can't revert back to their original form. For the user to fuse with the ocean, they must enter the Endless Sea, surrounding themself in a whirlpool, open themself to the full power of the Endless Sea, and finally, merge with it. Once achieved, the user has complete control over the ocean, as shown when Nya drains all the water out of Ninjago City after the conflict with Wojira. Eventually the user will begin identifying as the ocean instead of themself and will become lost to the Endless Sea forever, however if they regain their memories, they need have their powers drain in order to turn back to normal.
- Water Transformation - Once merged with the ocean, the user's body would transform into water.
- Water Avatar - In addition, once merged, the user can create avatars made of Water to embody their consciousness at will. The avatars can still be destroyed, such as electrocution, however, the user can simply create a new avatar, as they are the ocean itself. However, the user can't maintain these avatars for long. Their body will start to ripple and glow if they stay out of the Endless Sea for an extended period of time and have a harder time to maintain their shape. The user can still make avatars even if they are in the Endless Sea.
- Water Shapeshifting - The user can transform/reshape their water form. Nya used this to shapeshift into a massive water dragon to combat Wojira.
- Size Shifting - The user can change the size of their avatar. In flashbacks, Nyad was able to increase the size of her water avatar to pry Wojira's amulets off of her.
- Flight - The user can fly post-merging. Nya used this to dodge Kalmaar's attacks with ease.
- Fury of the Storm - The user can use both the Endless Sea and violent storms to create a destructive storm surge associated with Water and Wind. According to Glutinous, it's also known as the full power of Wave and Storm.
- Heat - Conjuring Water in a hot environment, such as near lava, causes it to evaporate.
- Cold - Cold enough temperatures turns Water into Ice, making it near impossible for Masters of Water to control. Nya was able to overcome this by learning how to control Ice by a limited amount with the help of Sorla.
Seen on the torso of Nya's ninja suit, the symbol for water appears to be the head and wings of a phoenix, with the wings resembling waves of water.
- 70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon
- 70663 Spinjitzu Nya & Wu
- 70675 Katana 4x4
- 71754 Water Dragon
- 71755 Temple of the Endless Sea
- 71767 Ninja Dojo Temple
- 40. "Spellbound" (flashback)
- 48. "The Temple on Haunted Hill"
- 51. "The Crooked Path"
- 52. "Grave Danger"
- 53. "Curseworld, Part I"
- 54. "Curseworld, Part II"
- 55. "Infamous"
- 57. "Enkrypted"
- 59. "On a Wish and a Prayer"
- 60. "My Dinner With Nadakhan"
- 61. "Wishmasters"
- 62. "The Last Resort"
- 64. "The Way Back"
- 65. "The Hands of Time"
- 66. "The Hatching"
- 73. "Out of the Fire and Into the Boiling Sea"
- 74. "Lost in Time"
- 6. "Samurai X-Treme"
- 99. "Wasted True Potential"
- 106. "Snaketastrophy"
- 107. "Powerless"
- 108. "Ancient History"
- 117. "The Absolute Worst" (story)
- 119. "The Traveler's Tree"
- 165. "A Big Splash"
- 166. "The Call of the Deep"
- 168. "Five Thousand Fathoms Down"
- 170. "Long Live the King"
- 171. "Escape from Merlopia"
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 174. "Riddle of the Sphinx"
- 176. "Master of the Sea"
- 177. "The Calm Before the Storm"
- 178. "Assault on Ninjago City"
- 179. "Nyad"
- 180. "The Turn of the Tide"
- 80. Father vs Son! (pictured)
- 81. Mech vs Monster! (flashback)
- 83. Ocean Escape!
- 85. "Can Jay Save Nya?" (flashback)
- LEGO Brawls (non-canon)
- Chen was able to complete his spell without the use of water because it's not an element listed in the book. This is also the same for Wind and Time.
- Kai and Zane can create water by combining their elemental powers.
- It is the one of the only elements that can potentially harm/destroy ghosts. The other two are Fire and Energy.
- Water is the elemental power whose user has been shown to control the most physical matter at once, that being the tidal wave controlled by Nya in "Curseworld, Part II."
- The symbol of Water, at least for Nya, is a phoenix. Ironically, phoenixes are generally associated with fire, which is often considered to be the opposite of water.
- This is the case because Nya had this symbol before she learned of her powers and became the Water Ninja.
- Tommy Andreasen clarified that an Elemental Master of Water cannot breathe underwater. This was confirmed in "The Storm Amulet."
- An Elemental Master of Water cannot manipulate any other type of liquid. However, the user can still control "impure" water.
- Out-of-universe, this is because "Ninjago is not scientifically accurate" and because the ability to control blood would make Nya's powers extremely deadly.
- Despite Andreasen's statement implying that Nya couldn't control the water in people's bodies, Nya was able to remove the seawater Jay inhaled in Seabound.
- In the activity book, The Tournament of Elements, there is an Elemental Master of Water called Lar who participated in the Tournament of Elements. The character was confirmed to be non-canon, and Way of the Departed later revealed that the events of The Tournament of Elements are just a fake story created by Lar.
- Early concepts for Masters of Water include "Rayne", a scrapped Tournament of Elements character, and possibly "Edward", the ninja seen on the first spinner pack layout (possibly an earlier version of Jay), who had a wave symbol on his card.
- Explaining why Nya sometimes generates water and sometimes draws if from her surroundings, Tommy Andreasen gave an analogy, saying, "I can run, but I don’t always run to get to a place because it takes more effort and I am not always in a hurry."
- As for why Nya's powers work this way compared to the other ninja, Tommy Andreasen stated, "We do stuff to make each ninja unique."
- Water has the potential to be one of the most powerful secondary elements, as it grants the user the ability to merge with the Endless Sea at will, gaining complete control over it. However, this form is considered a sacrifice, as the user will permanently lose themself to the Endless Sea.
- Water is one of the four elements not currently known to be confined to a human host. The other three are Ice, Wind and Time.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, Nya cannot produce hot water on her own.
- In Seabound, Maya and Nya discuss the "Water stance" which appears to be one of four confirmed forms of Waterbending from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
- In a promotional GIF (as seen on the right) Maya teaches Nya another of the four.
- When asked if the Master of Water can control amphibious creatures, other than whales, Tommy Andreasen replied, 'If only there was a tv-series which could potentially answer that…'
The images on Water need to be organized.
In other media
- "Curseworld, Part II"
- "Assault on Ninjago City"
- "Master of the Sea"
- "The Calm Before the Storm"
- "Curseworld, Part II"
- "Level Thirteen"
- "Grave Danger"
Elements of Creation