|"Winds of Change"|
|Season 5, Episode 1|
|Air date||June 29, 2015 (US)|
|Written by||Dan & Kevin Hageman|
|Directed by||Michael Helmuth Hansen|
"The Corridor of Elders"
Wu opens a tea shop to help with his retirement and asks the ninja to help him advertise it. Lloyd is asked to go on a solo mission, but discovers that it is a trap set by a cursed spirit named Morro that has escaped from the Cursed Realm.
At the Ninjago Museum of History, the Night Watchman is playing with the animatronic characters in the ninja exhibit, when he is interrupted by a shadowy figure. He warns the intruder that he knows Spinjitzu and has unlocked his True Potential, but is distracted when the Lloyd animatronic begins operating by itself unusually, saying, "I am the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master," and the museum lights up with a green aroma, showing that a disturbance has just taken place.
Elsewhere, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, and Lloyd use their Elemental Dragons to capture a Fangfish that had been terrorizing a nearby village. They are successful in their efforts and return to the Coastal Village where Kai congratulates Lloyd for growing into a great leader, though the Green Ninja expresses his doubts about his future now that his dad is gone. Kai assures Lloyd, promising that he will take care of him. After the ninja cunningly catch the fish, a photographer takes a picture of the ninja and the fish, using it as proof that they caught it. They pose in front of the Fangfish, though Zane accidentally orders the photographer back too many steps, and ends up falling into the Endless Sea.
The ninja head to Wu's new tea shop, Steep Wisdom. There, Wu orders the ninja to head to Ninjago City to hand out flyers promoting the shop. Believing that they have come to rely too much on their powers, Wu prohibits the ninja from using them to promote the store. Before they can leave, however, Misako receives a call from the Museum, requesting Lloyd.
Lloyd goes to the Museum and meets the Night Watchman. After questioning him, he is dragged into a room where a stolen artifact called "The Allied Armor of Azure" is housed, only for Lloyd to find that the armor is being worn by the Watchman, who is possessed at the time. Lloyd avoids his attacks, but the spirit of the Cursed Realm possesses a picture of Chen. Then, he possesses a statue of Skales to trap the unaware Green Ninja and creates a body out of the sand to possess Lloyd. The security guards outside hear Lloyd yell, and an eerie wind starts to blow.
Back in the city, the four ninja are hopeless in their efforts, as they attempt to hand out the flyers to the citizens. Eventually, they decide to ignore Master's demands to not use their elemental powers to accomplish the task, but they do so anyway, much to the enjoyment of the civilians. Suddenly, a strong wind blows through the city, sending people fleeing, and ridding the ninja of their elemental powers for some reason. Astonished and confused, the ninja head back to see the Master's tea shop, which has its first customers. The ninja frantically asks Master about what's happened to them, and as he comes to a realization, Morro arrives, possessing Lloyd's body.
The ninja confront the ghost general outside of the shop, fighting him as hard as they can, but to no avail, as he swiftly overwhelms them. Misako rides off with the customers, while Master Wu and Nya board the Destiny's Bounty. Seeing they cannot defeat Morro or save Lloyd at that time, Cole, Jay, and Zane board the Bounty as well. Kai initially stays to try and help Lloyd but is forced to board the Bounty by his fellow ninja.
Nya struggles to get the Bounty moving, but Morro drags it back towards him using large gusts of wind. Finally, Nya manages to break the Bounty free of the wind, and it flies off, leaving an infuriated Morro behind. Onboard the ship, the ninja once more ask Master about what happened, to which he tells them that they were not his first students, and instead, his first student was Morro, who was the Elemental Master of Wind. At that moment, Morro approaches the Bounty as he flies a ghostly dragon through the sky, much to the ninja's horror.
- Cole - Kirby Morrow
- Daughter - Jillian Michaels
- Fire Breather - Andrew Francis
- Jay - Michael Adamthwaite
- Kai - Vincent Tong
- Lloyd - Jillian Michaels
- Misako - Kathleen Barr
- Morro - Andrew Francis
- Night Watchman - Paul Dobson
- Nya - Kelly Metzger
- Officer Noonan - Kirby Morrow
- Officer O'Doyle - Michael Adamthwaite
- Photographer - Brent Miller
- P.I.X.A.L. - Jennifer Hayward (Uncredited)
- Wu - Paul Dobson
- Zane - Brent Miller
For the transcript of the episode, click here.
- The museum exhibit contains the Samurai Mech, Chen's throne, a statue of the Overlord, a statue of the Grundle, and animatronics of Chen, Samurai X, Lord Garmadon, and Lloyd in his Elemental robe.
- The scene where Jay said that Lloyd's gone through puberty is cut off in the Australian TV broadcast.
- It is the first time that an episode aired first in Latin America than in the US, in this case, Mexico. This episode was broadcasted in June while the others six were in September and the last Foursquare in January of next year.
- A Double-Bladed Bone Axe can be seen on the bookshelf shelf at the museum on the stage where Morro has Lloyd.
- Lloyd's cry stopped in Turkey.[ Clarify ]
- A woman Kai talks to about Steep Wisdom says "Never heard of it" and has a similar voice and appearance as Mystake, but she is younger and is not credited, so it is unknown if she was meant to be a reference to the character or not.
- This episode marks the beginning of Wu and Misako's on-screen relationship after Garmadon's death, with Misako's line, "I look after you," referring to their relationship.
- Morro sounds different than how he sounded when he said his name at the end of "The Corridor of Elders," due to his being voiced by Andrew Francis in this episode instead of Michael Dobson.
- Kai ruffles Lloyd's hair when he says he will watch over him. This calls back to Kai ruffling Lloyd's hair in "Pirates vs. Ninja," and it would later be replicated once again in "The Mask of Deception," each time highlighting Kai as an older brother figure to Lloyd.
- The Morro Dragon appears for the first time with some differences: in the set, it has larger limbs than its television counterpart.
- This marks the only appearance of the ninja's Elemental Dragons in this season.
- One of the objects Morro possesses is a bronze statue of a Hypnobrai general that would later reappear in "Day of the Departed."
- When Cole loses his Elemental Powers, he loses his strength to hold the car up, even though in "The Surge" he was able to lift the Postman's vehicle without his elemental powers.
For the gallery of the episode, click here.