|“Entrusted by the First Spinjitzu Master himself to keep it from Wojira, for if the serpent ever obtained it again, the seas would rise up and swallow all the world.”|
|— Mammatus in "The Tooth of Wojira"|
Wojira (also known as the sleeper in the deep) is an ancient storm spirit in the form of a giant sea serpent that once used the Storm and Wave Amulets to rule the seas of Ninjago, but was defeated by the First Spinjitzu Master and the Merlopians and thrown into a deep sleep.
- 1 History
- 2 Official description
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Behind the scenes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
Long before Ninjago was created, Wojira ruled the seas by the power of Water and Wind. When the First Spinjitzu Master came to the realm, he conquered her with the help of the Merlopians. One Merlopian attacked her with a trident and defeated her, snatching two amulets from her head, the Storm Amulet and the Wave Amulet. Without these amulets, she fell into a deep sleep.
When the Destiny's Bounty was in a storm, Nya explained the legend to Jay, who believed it to be silly until the storm got louder. Later, Jay remarked "Pray to Wohira" in hopes it would calm down the storm, though this had no effect.
- 71745 Lloyd's Jungle Chopper Bike (pictured)
- 71747 The Keepers' Village (pictured)
- 71748 Catamaran Sea Battle (pictured)
- 162. "The Keepers of the Amulet" (pictured)
- 163. "The Gift of Jay" (pictured)
- 164. "The Tooth of Wojira"
Behind the scenes
- When asked if Wojira's appearance was planned since her original mention in Season 8, Tommy Andreasen stated, "That’s just how we think. If puzzle pieces connect, we connect them."
- She shares her name with a canyon in the Never-Realm, Mala-Wojira.
- "Mala" is the feminine form of "bad" or "evil" in Spanish. In this case, Mala-Wojira means "Evil Wojira". Sorla states that it means "Wojira's Wrath" when translated from the Old Tongue.
- Prior to "The Keepers of the Amulet," Wojira was known as "Wohira" instead.
- She is the fourth giant serpent. The first four are the Great Devourer, the Anacondrai serpent, and Fire Fang.