|Wu||Wu (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)|
|“You four have merely scratched the surface of your full potential.”|
|"You just have to look at it from a different point of view."
This article is about a subject that is canon to the storyline of Warner Bros' The LEGO Movie franchise.
|“I'm a ninja master who lives life on the edge and cheats death at every turn.”|
|— Master Wu to the Secret Ninja Force|
Wu is a wise old man with a long white beard. He wears a white robe, conical hat, and simple brown sandals.
This wise, all-knowing mentor promises to teach his students to become ninja masters but first they must find their inner peace … or is that piece? He wants them to rely less on their mechs and more on themselves and each other. Wu is Lord Garmadon’s brother, and uncle to Lloyd. He carries a staff he can play like a flute, and a hat that doubles as a floatation device. Years of meditation have not softened this warrior’s edges – or his tongue – and though his students might think he’s “way old,” Wu is still full of surprises.
Weapons and Abilities
Wu is the Master of Creation, and thus possesses the ability to use the elements of his students, barring Lloyd: Fire, Earth, Ice, Lightning, and Water. Likewise, he is highly proficient in martial arts, most notably Spinjitzu which is golden.
Master Wu wields a staff as his main weapon that can also be played like a flute.
- 70608 Master Falls
- 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon
- 70618 Destiny's Bounty
- 71019 The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series
- The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame (non-canon)
- He has a dislike for the ninja's mechs, saying they go against everything about a ninja.
- He can control water, fire, lightning, earth, and ice; something that his in-show counterpart does not do but was depicted to do (excluding water) in promotional material for the pilot episodes.
- He is 167 years old, which makes him much younger than his TV series counterpart, who is over a thousand years old. However, he is still extremely old.
- It was revealed that he has had a beard ever since he was an infant, unlike his TV counterpart, who did not.
- In the sets, he lacks arm printings but has them in the movie.
- However, he has arm printings in 71019 The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series.
- He has the same hat and beard as his show counterpart.
- Three versions of his face have been released, one of which is angry, the other smiling and the third a little more smiling.
- After the movie was released they also used the same head for his Legacy counterpart.
- Unlike his TV series counterpart, this Wu does not have a small black skullcap under his hat.
- His hat is golden color in the movie, while it is wheat color in the sets.
- He was originally supposed to use a new beard piece and a hair/hat piece, but eventually used the same as his show counterpart.
- In 71019 The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series he appeared with chicken on a box from cornflakes, as a reference to his performance in "The Master". Two years after the release of the movie, Wu owns a chicken in the show as a reference to this short.
- The design of his clothes is based on his white kimono.
- He can play his staff as the flute, referring to his playing the Sacred Flute in the show.
- Unlike his TV series counterpart, he does not show affection for Koko.
- He is wearing white briefs.
- Unlike his TV series counterpart, his last name is most likely Garmadon, as the doormat to his childhood home said "The Garmadons."
In The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Leader: Lord Garmadon
Ninjago City residents