|“Not so strong without the three amigos backing you up, are you?”|
|— Wyplash to Kai in "Return to the Fire Temple"|
Wyplash is a Skulkin general, leading the skeletal denizens of the Underworld alongside Samukai, Kruncha, and Nuckal to enforce Lord Garmadon's will. Wyplash was largely absent during Garmadon's takeover of the Underworld, as well as the Skulkin's quest to claim the Golden Weapons. At some point in time, Wyplash escaped the Underworld and was thrown in Kryptarium Prison.
- 1 History
- 2 Description from the Cole/Jay Ninja Handbook[ Which book(s)? ]
- 3 In Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
At an unknown point in time, Wyplash died and ended up in the Underworld as a Skulkin as a result. He would end up as one of Skulkin generals, being responsible for leading missions in other realms, like Ninjago. For unknown reasons, Wyplash didn't take part in the Golden Weapon hunt.
Wyplash ambushed Nya at the Four Weapons shop alongside Krazi, Bonezai, and Chopov when she was packing up to move to the Monastery of Spinjitzu. However, the four of them were ultimately defeated soundly, with a disassembled Wyplash being stuffed into a barrel. Humiliated, he ordered his fellow Skulkin to leave the incident a secret.
Wyplash proceeded to gather his fellow Skulkin at the Underworld's Fire Temple entrance, and after being alerted to the presence of Kai, Nya, and Flame by Krazi, ordered his troops to attack the ninja of fire. After gloating over Kai's helplessness without his allies, Wyplash and his Skulkin were sent fleeing back into the Underworld by a firebolt from Flame, sealing the entrance.
Jay: Ninja of Lightning (non-canon)
In an attempt to retrieve the supplies Lee had sold him, Wyplash, Nuckal, and their group of Skulkin discovered the collapse of his shop and attempted to attack the nearby village in order to discover what had happened to their missing cargo. After being deterred thanks to Jay's inventions, he would end up capturing Din and eventually learn how he had caused Lee's store to collapse on him in an act of revenge. While discussing Din's information with Nuckal, he nearly notices Jay's presence, but ultimately fails to spot him. Thanks to Din's information, he manages to recover the Skulkin supplies from the wreckage of Lee's shop and drops off the trader, only for the cargo, having secretly been rigged with explosives by Kai, to detonate, incapacitating him and the Skulkin.
After the pilot episodes
Wyplash was present amongst the Kryptarium inmates in the general population when the ninja arrived. He quickly identified them and began yelling at how they were responsible for his imprisonment, angrily identifying the ninja as they were led to their cells. Later in the cafeteria, Wyplash conversed with Captain Soto and when a fight broke out, the Skulkin General join in, only to have his head kicked off his body by Kai and Nya.
Description from the Cole/Jay Ninja Handbook[ Which book(s)? ]
Wyplash always wants to know where he's been, so he often wears his head backwards. If he is not too busy wrecking havoc and mayhem in the world of mortals, he catches up on reading. The problem is, he likes to read the last page first. . .and that tends to ruin the story. Swinging his chains is a lot more enjoyable!
In Shadow of Ronin (non-canon)
Wyplash is a playable character in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin. He can be purchased for 150,000 studs after collecting his character token in Level 29: Dimensional Space. He is armed with his Golden Heli-Chains and is able to use Skulkin locks.
- 2175 Wyplash
- 2506 Skull Truck
- 2509 Earth Dragon Defense
- 70670 Monastery of Spinjitzu (Legacy)
- 40429 Ninjago World (pictured)
- 71730 Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. Skulkin (Legacy)
- 71741 Ninjago City Gardens (pictured)
- 57. "Enkrypted"
- He is considered the general of Ice in promotional material and the Spinjitzu Spinners game, but this is non-canon, as the Skulkin do not have Elemental Powers in the TV series.
- Wyplash's original minifigure has a pink worm coming out of a hole in the left side of his head.
- His new Legacy figure does not as it reuses Kruncha's headpiece.
- The worm doesn't seem to appear in the show.
- In the TV show, Wyplash and Kruncha have the same head, which is shown in that both are missing a tooth in the same place and have the same crack on the right side of the chin. Also, their armor in the series is the same too (in his minifigure form, Wyplash's spikes on armor are white, and Kruncha's are gray).
- This is reflected in the Legacy sets, where they now share the same headpiece.
- According to LEGO.com, he wears his head backward, so he knows where he has been.
- Wyplash is the only Skulkin General not to appear in the Pilot Episodes of LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu. Instead, he appears in two of the Mini-Movies and one episode of Skybound.
- He likes to read.
- His character was redesigned for the Legacy wave.
- His minifigure has a stud on the top of his head to put a hat, like the straw hat he normally wears.
- His name is a play on the word "whiplash."
- He is very knowledgeable of Ninjago law.
- Episode 57 marks Wyplash's first appearance in an episode of the television series.
- It is unknown where Wyplash is now, considering his absence in Kryptarium Prison in "True Potental."
- Wyplash's Legacy design was used to represent Skulkin in "Samurai X-Treme" and "The Absolute Worst".
- Wyplash's loincloth is incorrectly colored green in his appearance on a sticker in 40429 Ninjago World.