|“Your power source. It's a technology I am unfamiliar with. Your father built you with spare parts, yet this piece, it's unique.”|
|— P.I.X.A.L. to Zane in "The Art of the Silent Fist"|
Zane's power source, also referred to as his heart, is a mysterious blue substance formerly used to power Zane and later P.I.X.A.L.. After the destruction of his original body, Zane has a new power source with the same appearance as the original.
- 1 History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Gallery
- 5 References
After Zane is damaged by the Nindroids, P.I.X.A.L. repairs him and notices his power source. She notes that despite Zane's father building him from spare parts, his power source is unique. She tries to inspect it but this causes an electrical shock to Zane.
After the ninja shut off the power in Ninjago, Zane decides to have Nya transfer half of his power source into P.I.X.A.L. in order to revive her. When Techno Wu attacks, Zane finds his combat skills are inhibited and he is unable to perform Spinjitzu, though P.I.X.A.L.'s fighting skills have improved and they are able to perform Spinjitzu together.
To get off of the Delta V come, the ninja built a rocket which they hold together by hooking up Zane's power source. Zane realizes his power source has reached its limit and will soon explode, but Lloyd points out that the ninja can use their elemental shields now that they've entered the atmosphere, sparing Zane.
Later, the ninja have failed to defeat the Overlord who has now become the Golden Master. As a last resort, Zane jumps toward the Golden Master's Mech and takes ahold of the Golden Armor, overloading his power source and destroying both himself and the Overlord.
At Zane's memorial, Kai speaks on what powered Zane, saying that he liked to think it was brotherhood.
After rebuilding himself and being imprisoned on Chen's Island, Zane finds P.I.X.A.L. dismantled. What happened to her remaining half of the power source is unknown.
After P.I.X.A.L. rebuilt her physical body as the new Samurai X, neither she nor Zane physically hold the power source. However, Zane retained a power source in the same location in his chest and with the same appearance.
- 70724 NinjaCopter
- 853544 LEGO NINJAGO Accessory Set
- 70591 Kryptarium Prison Breakout
- 71746 Jungle Dragon
- 71748 Catamaran Sea Battle
- 57. "Enkrypted"
- 125. "Corruption" (flashback)
- Zane's power source is not visible when his interior is seen in the first two seasons, likely due to upgrades.
- Though the power source module usually appears as a 3D object in the TV series, it appears in 2D when seen on the back of Zane's original titanium form in Tournament of Elements and in Zane's chest in "Enkrypted."
- Zane's power source seems to be located in the right side of his chest when powering the spacecraft in "The Titanium Ninja" despite being located on the left side in all other appearances.
- The design of Zane's power source appears on the roof of the Titanium Ninja Tumbler's LEGO model.
- Zane's power source shares some similarities with his Elemental Power, Ice.
- They are both a light blue color.
- They both cause nindroids to act differently in some way.
- Zane's power source is described as what makes him different from the other Nindroids. Additionally, P.I.X.A.L.'s fighting skills increase after gaining half of the source.
- In a flashback in "Snake Jaguar", Dr. Julien states "Zane's been acting stranger than usual" after being visited by the Elemental Master of Ice, who passed his powers onto Zane.
- When asked what powers Zane after the destruction of his original body, Tommy Andreasen responded, "Just tech I guess."
In other media