- Not to be confused with the set.
|“Zippy! Let's call him Zippy!”|
|— Jay to the other ninja, The Keepers of the Amulet|
- 1 History
- 2 Official descriptions
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Video
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Lloyd first senses Zippy's presence before he jumps down with a coconut. Before Kai, Jay and Cole are able to attack him, Nya realizes his friendliness and plays with him. Jay names him Zippy and Zane states he is docile. To make him go away, Nya throws a coconut far away. Later on, when Cole is about to drink a coconut, Zippy takes it and keeps it in his mouth. He then cowers in fear at the Stone Golems.
Zippy appeared behind Lloyd, wanting to play. After a bit of time, Lloyd realized he could use Zippy's playfulness to his advantage, throwing coconuts at the Keepers so that Zippy would scare them off. Later, Zippy was being chased or was chasing some Keepers.
The sky and jungle of the mysterious island are home to a new type of dragon.
Join Island Lloyd and his powerful dragon to take on the Keepers in a death-defying battle. Jump into the saddle and swoop down to attack! Help Island Zane ride into the action on his surfboard and fire its stud shooters at PoulErik and Thunder Keeper. But beware – they are armed with a scythe and daggers! You must lead the ninjas to victory and seize the storm amulet.
Zippy is a dragon with teal scales, gray curving horns, a white underbelly, two tusk-like teeth protruding from both side of his mouth, and gold spikes running down from his head to tail. His tongue generally is out of his mouth and he looks happy. He has bulging eyes, gold markings on his forehead, and flower-like wings.
Powers and Abilities
Because he resembles a lizard, he is able to jump from a far distance to another.
- 71. Ship Wrecked!
Behind the scenes
- Zippy's movement seems to be inspired by that of Scooby-Doo from the franchise of the same name. This is likely because the overall story structure of The Island is inspired by Scooby-Doo franchise.
- He is called the Jungle Dragon in the sets because the sets and the show are developed at different times and it tends to cause some inconsistency at times.
- He appears to be attracted to coconuts.
- In the sets, Zippy has golden blades but he does not have them in the show. The golden blades appear to have been replaced by flower-like wings.
- His face resembles a chameleon, with the bulging eyes.
- Jay previously referred to Griffin Turner as "Zippy" in "Spellbound," making it appear that "Zippy" is a go-to nickname of his.
- Despite the Character Encyclopedia New Edition referring to Zippy as Nya's dragon, the descriptions of 71746 Jungle Dragon and "Lloyd & the Jungle Dragon" considered Zippy as Lloyd's dragon instead. However, Lloyd was the only ninja who wasn't interested in Zippy until "The Gift of Jay."
In LEGO Ninjago
The images on Zippy need to be organized.