- Not to be confused with the set.
- 1 History
- 2 Official descriptions
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Powers and abilities
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Behind the scenes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Video
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
Lloyd first senses Zippy's presence before he jumps down with a coconut. Before Kai, Jay and Cole are able to attack him, Nya realizes the dragon does not appear to be harmful and plays with him. Jay names him Zippy and Zane states he is docile. When Lloyd expresses his concerns, Nya reluctantly throws a coconut across a distance to keep the dragon preoccupied as they leave. Later on, when Cole is about to drink a coconut, Zippy takes it and keeps it in his mouth. He then cowers in fear at the Stone Guardians.
Zippy appeared behind Lloyd, wanting to play. After a few attempts to get the dragon to leave, Lloyd realized he could use Zippy's playfulness to his advantage, throwing coconuts at the Keepers so that Zippy would scare them off. Later, Zippy was being chased by or was chasing some Keepers.
The sky and jungle of the mysterious island are home to a new type of dragon.
Join Island Lloyd and his powerful dragon to take on the Keepers in a death-defying battle. Jump into the saddle and swoop down to attack! Help Island Zane ride into the action on his surfboard and fire its stud shooters at PoulErik and Thunder Keeper. But beware – they are armed with a scythe and daggers! You must lead the ninjas to victory and seize the storm amulet.
Nya's Snap of the Day
Check out this incredible photo I managed to snap of one of the island’s Jungle Dragons! I took this photo about 0.5 seconds before disaster… when it took an entire wheel off of Lloyd’s Chopper Bike! Whoops… well… at least we know what it eats now? We managed to film our full encounter with the dragon – you can watch the whole thing on episode 3 of our Ninja Vlog series! It’s a must-watch… but maybe not for Lloyd…
Zippy is a dragon with teal scales, gray curving horns, a white underbelly, two tusk-like teeth protruding from both side of his mouth, gray and spotted feet and gold spikes running down from his head to tail. His tongue generally is out of his mouth and he looks happy or playful most of the time. He has bulging eyes, gold markings on his forehead, thin, plant-like wings, and a few yellow-orange leaves running down his neck in between his horns and ending at his wings.
Powers and abilities
He is shown to be capable of jumping far distances despite his size, and seems to possess remarkable speed.
- 173. "The Storm Amulet"
- 74. Island Attack!
Behind the scenes
- Zippy's movement seems to be inspired by that of Scooby-Doo from the franchise of the same name. This is likely because the overall story structure of The Island is inspired by Scooby-Doo franchise.
- He is called the Jungle Dragon in the sets because the sets and the show are developed at different times and it tends to cause some inconsistency at times.
- He appears to be attracted to coconuts.
- In the sets, Zippy has golden blades but he does not have them in the show. The golden blades appear to have been replaced by thin, plant-like wings.
- His face resembles a chameleon's as he has bulging eyes.
- Jay previously referred to Griffin Turner as "Zippy" in "Spellbound," making it appear that "Zippy" is a go-to nickname of his, coincidentally, he also nicknamed both Griffin Turner and Zippy for their speed.
- Despite the Character Encyclopedia New Edition referring to Zippy as Nya's dragon, the descriptions of 71746 Jungle Dragon and "Lloyd & the Jungle Dragon" considered Zippy as Lloyd's dragon instead. However, Lloyd was the only ninja who wasn't interested in Zippy until "The Gift of Jay."
- His tongue is five times longer as Master Wu's beard.
- Many years before he was revealed, a Nexo Power named "Jungle Dragon" was created for another Lego series, Nexo Knights.